z Cottage by the Sea : And When October Goes ♫♪♩

Monday, October 21, 2024

And When October Goes ♫♪♩


 Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.

"And when October goes
The same old dream appears
And you are in my arms
To share the happy years
I turn my head away to hide
The helpless tears
Oh, how I hate to see October go".. Barry Manilow

1. What do you hate to see go?
I hate to see the end of each season approaching as it means time is moving on.  I would stop and slow down time if I could.  I hate to see my guests leave and hate the sound of the door closing behind them... the cars driving off.. the silence when they are gone.
2.  How's the autumn weather in your part of the world right now? 
It's been cool and chilly at night. During the day yesterday it was up in the 70s again and I didn't like that very much.  I noticed the heat as I stepped out to feed the fish. Now in summer, I like that hot sun on my poor old bones but when summer goes, I want a chill in the air, thank you very much.  
3.  Anything on your reading list for autumn? What are you reading/watching right now that you would share with us.
I will re-read Early Autumn by Robert Parker. 
Spenser is hired by the boy's mother to rescue him from being kidnapped by his father. However, Spenser decides to kidnap the boy himself and take him into the Maine woods to teach him survival skills. Spenser also helps the boy mature by teaching him to box, exercise, and build a cottage


4.   For many, religion keeps them going. with promises of better things to come.    But there are other things that help along the way.  What things/people/thoughts, keep you going on your way?
My friends and family, my fish pond, my love of the beauty of the world around us.

1 comment:

  1. I'd say that fall is my favorite season of the year, and I sort of lump October together with November. I agree that time is marching on much too quickly. I'd like to slow things down a bit.
    My faith is what keeps me going, but my family, friends and church family are there for me. I am blessed.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.