Welcome friends! It is very late Monday night and temperatures are down to a lovely 61°F after a lovely warm and breezy day. I hope all of you will soon get a respite from the hot weather. The weatherman seems to think it will remain oppressive in the south while the north gets much cooler. We only had a week of very hot weather in July but the rest of summer was very normal and moderate.
Astronomical autumn is Sept. 21 st, but meteorological autumn is Sept. 1st.
Welcome to Tuesday 4
Many seem to have trouble with Mister Linky but, I don't so sign up below!
We've had a lot of rain recently and it got me wondering about some things.
1.Do rainy days and/or Mondays really get you down? If so why?
No, they don't get me down. I enjoy rainy days and while I never really loved going to work after a weekend, it didn't get me down.
2. Does thunder and lightning frighten you at all? If I am outside in the thick of it, yeah. It's dangerous. But safe inside, I enjoy it.
How about your dog or cat and what do you do to help them out?
My cats and dogs never displayed any symptoms of fear at all during storms. I think if they know they are part of a strong pride or pack they are not fearful. Actually I never thought about this until this post but, it's true that they were their same selves during bad weather.
I know many animals have a hard time. Have you seen the video of the little squirrel who clutches her little hands to her heart when sudden thunder frightens her?
She is videoed in her squirrel home with a hidden camera.
I jumped back hard once when leaving the ZCMI in West Valley, Utah and heard the loudest crack of thunder I have ever heard. It was incredible and I never experienced that before or since! The ZCMI was a department store much like Nordstrom.
3. If you are at home on a dark, rainy day what do you do with your time? I do what I usually do on an average or weekend day but I do enjoy things more. I like the feeling of being safe and cozy in
my little house or even when I was at work or in school.
my little house or even when I was at work or in school.
Some find it a good day to cuddle up with a cuppa and read or watch TV.. what is your preference? I think it's a good day to just sit with a cuppa and watch the rain falling on the water and into the woods. When I lived in town, I loved seeing cars pass and the neon glow of stop lights on the rainy street out front of my apartment. That apartment with just me and my kids was one of the happiest times of my life.
4.Ever been caught in a downpour or has rain ever ruined your plans?
Yes, There was a real downpour once while I was on the boardwalk but I ducked into a little restaurant and sat it out while having a nice little meal. Another time I was on the Parkway and the downpour got so bad that you could not see so I had to pull over onto the side of the road to wait it out.
bonus question: Why do Mondays seem to be so unpopular with so many? People really don't want to work and many work at jobs they hate. When Monday rolls around and they must go back to work they become unhappy. So many are mistreated at work or not appreciated and weekends without that stress are hard to leave behind.


Oh Annie, I loved the video of the squirrel putting his hand over his heart when he heard the thunder. I know now by watching our cat Blackie's reaction to thunder, that some animals definitely are affected by it. Their sense of hearing is so much keener than ours, so I can imagine that the thunder is very loud and startling to them, just like how they react to fireworks on the 4th of July. I enjoyed your answers, especially your description about the city lights in the rain from your apartment. I can envision that in my mind and I do love that as well. Thank you for coming up with this post this week. I enjoyed it!
ReplyDeleteMy dog was terrified of thunder and really loud noises as she got older. Like the sound of an electric saw. We rescued her at about 8 months. So who knows? Oh I loved your memory of darting into a little shop...sounds so romantic. I do remember something similar when my husband and I were dating. We were in the Japanese Tea Garden and it started to rain, nothing heavy like a downpour but we decided to sit inside the tea house and enjoy it. Rain to me is a romantic weather event. What's romantic about hot and sweaty in the summer??? Lol
ReplyDelete