Everybody Loves a Clown (1965)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Not everyone loves clowns. "Coulrophobia" is the irrational fear of clowns. Do you have any fears or phobias?
Not really, no. I am not a huge clown fan though.
2) This week's featured artist, Gary Lewis, sings that he jokes a lot at parties. In social settings, are you more a talker or a listener?
It depends on the situation and who is around. Sometimes I am quiet and sometimes I am very talkative.
3) He's dreaming of a special girl. Do you often daydream?
Yes I do. I enjoy it and often take off on flights of fancy.
4) Gary named his band The Playboys because they were always late to rehearsals and Gary joked that they would rather play than work. Do you tend to be early, late, or exactly on time?
From modern etiquette: "Arriving 10 to 20 minutes past the stated start time is the ideal window for a casual house party, allowing hosts crucial final preparation time. Arriving early or on the dot is considered rude." This is how I was taught by my Victorian grandparents and my Edwardian parents and I believe it makes good sense. I tend to resent it if someone is early.
5) Gary Lewis had first-hand knowledge of clowns. His father was famous funny man Jerry Lewis. Who always makes you laugh?
There are several comedians who I find very funny but right now I can't think of anyone but George Carlin.
6) In 2017, Gary was in the news when it became known that Jerry disinherited all six of his sons from his will. Have you ever attended the reading of a will? Nope, never.
7) This past summer found Gary Lewis on The My Generation Tour, performing with other acts from the mid-1960s, like The Lovin' Spoonful, The Hollies, and Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels. Do you enjoy listening to "the oldies?"
I do, yes. They take me back.
8) In 1965, when this song was popular, Muhammad Ali defeated Sonny Liston to become the heavyweight champion of the world. Have you ever attended a boxing match?
No. I have never attended one but I have watched a few on television.
9) Random question: What color is your toothbrush? A sonic brush in white and turquoise.

I never knew that Jerry Lewis left all his sons out of his will. I think that's sad and selfish.
ReplyDelete