z Cottage by the Sea : Wednesday Hodgepodge

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Wednesday Hodgepodge


Hey Friends, how are things going?  I hope things are going well in your neck of the woods.  In colonial days neck was a narrow strip of land you owned in a heavily forested area.  Now you know and knowing is half the battle (GI Joe).
I am joining in for Wednesday Hodgepodge 

1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to mind?  I think the sounds that come to mind are the rustling of leaves in the forest, howling wind during the stormy days.  When I lived in Utah the sound of Aspen trees fluttering in the wind was a sound I often think of. 
 I also think of the sound of crows in autumn.
  I think of the sound of the song Carolina in the Pines by Michael Martin Murphy.
The wind blowing across the beach disturbing the sand is a sound I love to hear.
And all of these as well......................

from The Besotted Bookworm on FaceBook


2.  Is  a trip to the mountains something you enjoy?
Yes.  I used to love going up to American Fork Canyon to camp.  I also love the Poconos and as a kid I loved rock climbing with my dad in the Watchungs.

 What's your favorite mountain? 
Salt Lake City
     I love Twin Peaks in American Fork and Ben Lomond and Mount Nebo all in Utah. 


3. What's something that once felt like a mountain, but is now just a molehill? 
A hill in the Watchung mountains my Dad used to climb with me.



4. Let's play this or that-fall foods edition. Yes you have to choose. 
  • pumpkin spice latte or chai latte ... Duh! Pumpkin Spice!
  • apple cider or hot chocolate   Hot Chocolate. Truthfully both chocolate and apples are not good for me. Apples give me a stomach ache and chocolate gives me a migraine.
  • stew or chili   Chili first,    Stew(with Sherry) 2nd.
  • sweet potato casserole or green bean casserole   Green Bean casserole.
  • butternut squash soup or creamy mushroom soup   I don't want either of them.  Can I just have some Potato Leek soup instead?   But if you wanna be hard nosed about this I will choose the cream of mushroom soup.
  • cranberry sauce or gravy   Gravy please
5. Sum up your September in a sentence or two.    Mentally it was marvellous, Nor'easter and all,  the weather was spectacular.    

6. Insert your own random thought here.    In the past the emphasis was on kids outdoor activities. Porches had soccor, baseball, football and Lacrosse, hockey equipment and shoes.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.