Friday, September 28, 2018

Summer's End

Summer's End could be the name of a place, couldn't it?
Welcome to Summer's End. Or perhaps a title for a novel?
It is a bittersweet time when summer turns to autumn and leaves begin to fall.
Each season has its own personality and charm and we hate to see any season end but love to see a new season begin as it brings with it so many new and exciting things to see and do.



 The sun casts a golden glow onto the white sand below and turns the silver railing in the photo above into gold.


 As autumn settles in more and more, the green of the salt marsh will turn to orange, brown and gold. But for a little while longer the vivid green remains.


 Vivid green grasses of the marsh and the water reflecting the blue sky make a striking contrast I think.  I met a baby mink here once. He was not afraid of me and settled down for a little nap in the warm sunshine.


In the photo below,look at the top deck! There you will see the kitty perched for a good view of the sunset. A daredevil and acrobat! 
Or is it an owl?  I just don't know. It could be either but it is large.


 The sun always melts itself into the cove in the evening, turning it into a golden syrup.


No more creek swimming until next year now....


I am joining in for Debbie's Friday Foto Friends and with Skyley for Skywatch Friday.
I hope you will join in as well.
 

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. The creek swimming looks so refreshing!! Just out of curiosity, I googled "Summer's End"... two songs, one album, one movie, and one novel with that title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. That one with the kitten is so funny. Nice weekend. Wish I could see a baby mink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always in awe at where you live and the scenery there. That's a creek???!!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is called a creek. Its clear cedar water though it looks black. It moves on into the bay just up ahead to the left.

      Delete
  4. Definitely an OWL! And I love the way the sunlight is reflecting and casting a golden glow on everything. That is when we know that autumn is here...the sun's rays are different...at a different angle and changing the color to a nice golden hue. These are so lovely and peaceful today. Thank you for sharing your world with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, I like the title "Summer's End", and I see where someone already googled it and found it used, but it could still be a best seller from you...or a painting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos....I just love, love, love your header. Oh, and, Annie, thank you for your comments on FB....they really do mean alot to me. (((Throwing kisses))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I was ready for summer to end but now that it has cooled down I am feeling the bittersweet that you write about. Beautiful photos, I am intrigued whether the critter on the perch is a cat or an owl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Annie! Love the autumn look and your new header is gorgeous. Summer's end will make a great title for a book along with your amazing photos. Love them all. Have a blessed day ahead my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos. I would love to see a mink there amongst the tall grasses. The end of summer is always one of the most bittersweet of the end of seasons. I am always sad to see it go. Fall is all too short and winters far too long for me though I do try to enjoy each and every season. I think the critter on the fence post might be a wooden owl to scare away other bird life so they don't perch and poo on the deck. Maybe one day you will check it out and let us know. Have an awesome weekend Annie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't there most of the time. That was the only time I saw it there, so it isn't wooden. We do have large barn owls, but, it may have been a cat. I didn't see it until after I took the photo.

      Delete
  10. Love your header! I am just learning more on Blogger and not sure how to center the title yet. I like that creek picture. I wish we got seasons here. We just get hot, hotter and cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.freeprettythingsforyou.com/2012/11/how-to-center-your-blog-header-on-blogger/

      Delete
  11. Lovely! Fall for me usually means the end of the heat of summer so I think of fall as my favorite season.Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There truly is a bit of melancholy knowing fall is on its way. But, the bright bit is that spring is on the other side of winter. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.