Sunday, August 25, 2019

Sunday Stealing

Hi Friends,
It is another beautiful day at the New Jersey seashore. Lovely temperatures and sunny skies.
  The weekend is coming to a close and it seems it just began!
I am joining in with Bev Sykes for Sunday Stealing with questions from Love Me Some Surveys.


1. Has anyone ever made fun of your taste in music?
No one really ever makes fun of anything I like, do or say because I don't allow it.  I have a strong personality and I rarely get challenged.  If someone does, they soon back down. I make it very undesirable to do things like that.
Of course, if it's teasing, that's a whole different story and I am fine with that.

           
 2. Is anyone’s birthday coming up?

Yes. My  youngest daughter's and my own


3. Do you remember who you liked in grade eight?  I remember that I didn't have any crushes in the 8th grade.  (And now we know the creator of this list is Canadian! "grade eight" whereas in the US we say eighth grade)

4. When was the last time you burned any part of your body?
A while back I burned a finger slightly.  I've only once gotten a 3rd degree burn where the skin turns to ash. That was from the oven broiler. It was small but awfully painful.

5. If I gave you ten dollars, what would you spend it on?
I would put it away. I always save found or gift money.  until I have something important to buy.

6. What are you most excited about right now?
Well, I am not excited about much most of the time. That's just not who I am.
The closest I can get  to 'excited'  today is my coffee. It's Moose Crunch Pumpkin Spice but it does not taste like Pumpkin or spice anything.  However, it does taste nice since I added some nutmeg to it and I love coffee with nutmeg or cinnamon in it.  I need to get another brand of Pumpkin Spice. 

7. Does / did either of your parents serve in the military?
Both were exempt from military service (in times when there was a draft )  as they were necessary civilians. My father was  vice president of a chemical company and their head chemist who made  and invented things necessary to the nation.  My father held many patents. Later, he left that to open his own little business.
 My mother was an  registered nurse in obstetrics at a local hospital.

8. Are you somewhat of a perfectionist?
Yes., to a certain degree.   I like to do things right if it is possible, but it isn't always possible. I don't require it of others, just that they do their best.

9. Do you like sour candy?
I used to like sour lemon balls. Not so much anymore.

10. Are all nighters something you have grown used to?
I have done them but, not really used to them. I don't like them much unless I am doing something I really like doing. I regret them the next day though as I really do need about 9-10 hours of sleep.

annie bear in sunglasses
11. Do you usually wear sunglasses when you’re driving?
I wear sunglasses almost all the time when I am out doors. I have very light eyes that seem to be sensitive to the sun. I wear them even as a passenger in a car.
Do you like my little Annie Bear animation? I used to have a nice little animation program but, awful, rotten ,Windows 10 doesn't like it.  I can animate in Photoshop but, I don't like doing it that way.

12. Do you wear your shoes around the house?
I wear Indian  moccasins around the house. They allow the feet to feel natural and keep contact with
earth without going completely barefoot.  It is very healthy to keep your body directly on mother earth and not to wear rubber soled shoes. They are very bad for you in many ways. You must stay "grounded"

13. What clothes are you most comfortable in?
I am most comfortable in cotton things. I like the feel of cotton .

14. Are you good at painting nails?
Not so much, no.  I usually make a mess.

15. Smoothies or slushies?
Smoothies are nice. I used to like slushies but no longer drink those. Actually, I haven't had either one for a long, long time.

There were other questions listed on that list. Here are a few I wanted to asnwer:

What’s your favorite season of the year?
Fall and winter.

Where would you like to go on your honeymoon?
Martha's Vineyard or Prince Edward Island
Are you good at filling silence in awkward situations?
Yes, I am.
Do you ever actually make your bed? Yes, most of the time.

4 comments:

  1. I totally understand #1...

    Hmm...do tell me more about #12 and Mother Earth, I am always barefoot...I cant stand shoes in the house. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Electromagnetics in the earth. Rubber soles keep you from grounding and cause inflammation in the body leading to disease and upset. The closer you can get to bare feet on earth the better. Leather soles are best when outside but ditch the rubber. Sadly, leather can be slippery in wet weather. So the work around is stand outside in bare feel for a while each day, or have thin leather moccasins etc to wear outside. There is a lot to the statement of "staying grounded".

      Delete
  2. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I do love all things pumpkin spice. So, good thing they make pumpkin spiced tea! I enjoyed your answers, Ann, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.