Monday, October 14, 2019

Autumn : This or That?



Wasn't it just Tuesday a day or so ago? Well, time flies when you're having fun so I guess I am having a load of fun.
As always I am joining in with Toni's Tuesday 4 Meme. You can join in as well by clicking on her logo below.

Autumn This Or That

1.   Pumpkin Carving or Apple Picking?
How about both of them?  I think they are equally fun to do.


2.   Yankee Candles or Roaring Fireplace?
Again, I will go with both of them. Fireplace and some Yankee Candles as well.

3.   Hot Chocolate or Apple Cider?
Neither one for me. Can't have them. I will opt for a cup of pumpkin spice coffee instead.

4.   Pumpkin Pie or Apple Pie?
I like both but I think apple pie tops the list for me. Pumpkin is good but apple is one I would choose over and over again.


Here is  the apple pie recipe I have used for years:

6 big Granny Smith baking apples (you want about 6 cups of apple slices)
1 T lemon juice
1 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
3/4 cup of dark brown sugar (packed)
1 1/2 T of instant tapioca (this thickens the apple juice)or you can use 4 T of white flour.
2 T of unsalted butter.
 make your own pie crust from whatever recipe you like.
Oven set to 425°F.
Peel, core and slice apples into 1/2 wedges. Place in a bowl and mix the slices with the cinnamon, brown sugar, lemon juice and the tapioca or the flour. Mix until nicely coated.
Roll out your pastry and line a  9" pie pan with it.
Place the apple mixture in the pie pan and dot the top with little pieces of the butter all around.
Place top  crust on the pie., flute the edges and prick the top to let excess steam escape.
Bake fat 425 for 10 minutes. If the edges are cooking too fast, cover them with aluminum foil.
Now reduce the temperature to 350° F. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes longer or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly.


If you missed yesterday's post, why not take time to check it out as well? Yes, yes, I am shamelessly promoting my blog.
Until tomorrow.. God love you.

15 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful. I love them all, but don't do hot chocolate..unless it is Ovaltine! Apple pie is my favorite all time pie, but this time of year I enjoy pumpkin too. I am ready for some now...think I will bake one for tomorrow...we are having some blogging guests for lunch! Barbara and her hubby Tom from Sweet Tea and Sandals blog! So excited!! Wish you could come too!! Have a beautiful fall day/week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your answers! Apple pie is my hubs choice always.... but this time of year I find a way to get pumpkin in any way I can! Have a great Tuesady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have picked apples but never at an orchard. They're always ready-to-go in paper sacks.

    See you on Wednesday Medley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pie filling sounds divine. I need a good crust recipe, though. I'm terribly picky about pie crust. I usually leave it behind uneaten.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My comment went into thin air...anyways--thanks for the comment yesterday on my blog about the "unnatural" and picking you, LOLOL...I about died laughing so hard, smiles.

    Have a great day, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love a good Yankee Candle. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post !
    Apple pie is sooo good ! After trying and failing to produce the perfect flaky crust , I switched to using a puff pastry sheet , scoring a 1" frame around the edges , brushing the inside with warmed apple jelly and adding the apples ( as per your recipe) and baking ...a tasty shortcut !
    Wishing all terrific things and stuff for you , my friend !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed your answers and your recipe. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, thanks for the delicious looking recipe.I am rather like you I love both of everything aas well, but jsut for the spirit of chooing I made a choice...I have to be careful with some candles though. too spirited and I get all sneezy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed reading your answers and thanks for sharing your apple pie recipe! Looks delicious and will definitely try it! Speaking of pumpkin spice...I love Bigalow's Pumpkin Spice tea! Have a great rest of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've noticed several have answered "both" on these questions. It's just a wonderful time of year. I'll join you for a cup of pumpkin spice coffee!! Hope all is going well for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I accidentally deleted your comment awaiting moderation on my blog. So sorry about that.

    Instead of using body sprays as home fragrances, I used vetiver home fragrances as eaux de toilette.

    I think a marzipan Nativity is okay as long as Baby Jesus and Mary are paper origami. 'Cause then it's Joseph and the side men and a shepherd or two. Gloria The Angel. An ox and lamb for the little drummer boy...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would choose both for almost all of these! This was a really good one. I loved it. Loved all of your answers! Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.