Friday, December 12, 2008

I Am Real Again!


Blogger has graciously taken me off the evil spam list!!
Let the celebration ensue!
(hands out noisemakers,fire crackers and hats).
This beautiful photo of the bay on which I live was taken by a good friends of mine.
I love the color of the water. You can see a sailboat in the distance on the upper left and the barrier island across the way.
That barrier island protects us from storm and huge waves that come with it. Truth is , though, I have seen 8 foot waves and more on this bay. Especially during the "Perfect Storm" in 1991. A movie was made about it. It was a corker to be sure. Most of the area here was inundated in water.
My own yard was so deep in water that my dog had to swim to go "out" for her daily concerns!
Before the worst of the Perfect Storm hit us, the waves were already covering the island by me 1/3 of the way across it. There was a lot of damage afterward and gives you great respect for the power of the ocean be it open or bayside.
The bay is pretty clean and clear but could be more so. To make sure of that they have limited the number of crabs that crabbers can take from the water and pregnant crabs are a definite "no".
See, crabs, lobster and clams and oysters, cat fish, etc clean up the water. They are the janitorial crew of the oceans.
They eat dead things and filter poison and pollution through their tiny bodies. Crabs and lobsters eat dead things.
In essence when you eat them you are eating the janitorial crew of the sea! Bad environmentalism that! Never eat your cleaning crew!
Anyway I am happy that I am no longer considered a nasty spam bot and am back in the land of the living.

The Perfect Storm Movie Trailers...they are short



2 comments:

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.