Friday, May 15, 2020

Remember Us

The week sped by and while Thursday required a sweat shirt, Friday was 88 F . With the Grand Solar minimum, things will be very up and down and unsettled for the next several decades.

Now, let's do Saturday 9...

 Always Remember Us This Way
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Always Remember Us This Way (2018)

Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

1) In this song, Lady Gaga sings about the Arizona sky and California gold. Have you visited many of our western states?
I used to live in Utah,so, yes. I have been to a lot of the western states.


2) She sings that she's overwhelmed and can't find the words to express herself. Do you find it easier to share your feelings verbally or in writing?
Verbally. Written words don't convey the same things.

3) Her real name is Stefani Germanotta. She took her stage name from the Queen song, Radio Gaga. Do you have a favorite Queen song?
We Will Rock You

4) Her dad is Joe Germanotta, president of GuestWifi, a company that enables hotels and restaurants to offer high-speed wifi to their customers. Do you consider yourself tech savvy?
Yes to a certain extent.

5) Early in her career, Lady Gaga performed songs for a children's audio book called The Portal in the Park. Tell us about the last book you finished -- did you listen to an audiobook, or read a download to an electronic device or a bound book with pages?
I read bound books.  The last book was a re-read of 44 Charles Street by Danielle Steele. It's a very good book by the way.
Here is a summation:
A magical transformation takes place in Danielle Steel’s luminous new novel: strangers become roommates, roommates become friends, and friends become a family in a turn-of-the-century house in Manhattan’s West Village.
The plumbing was prone to leaks, the furniture rescued from garage sales. And every square inch was being devotedly restored to its original splendor—even as a relationship fell to pieces. Now Francesca Thayer, newly separated from her lawyer boyfriend Todd, is desperate. The owner of a struggling art gallery, and suddenly the sole mortgage payer on her Greenwich Village townhouse, Francesca does the math and then the unimaginable. She puts out an advertisement for boarders. Soon her house becomes a whole new world.
 Over the course of one amazing, unforgettable, ultimately life-changing year, the house at 44 Charles Street fills with laughter, heartbreak, and, always, hope. In the hands of master storyteller Danielle Steel, it’s a place those who visit will never want to leave.

6) She prefers dogs to cats and tea to coffee. Do you agree with her?
No. I like them all the same though lately I prefer coffee over tea. Tastes change over time.

7) Back in 2015, she appeared at the Academy Awards, performing a medley to celebrate the 50th anniversary of The Sound of Music. The movie's star, Julie Andrews, graciously came onstage to thank Gaga for her showstopping performance. Whom did you most recently thank?

I thanked a  friend for a dream catcher and the Famous for playing some great music for me.

8) In 2018, when this song was first released, retailer Toys R Us closed all its stores and went out of business. What's the last toy you purchased?
A murder mystery game that I picked up at TJ Max in December.

9) Random question: How has social media made your life better?
It has enabled me to stay connected to the world and make tons of friends.

10 comments:

  1. It is interesting to see how things have evolved over the past 20 years. We use to watch the Jetsons and see how they talked through a tv. Zoom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not all that familiar with Lady Gaga, and this was interesting to learn more about her talents. I would like to have heard her sing the Sound of Music songs. Also that book, 44 Charles Street, sounds interesting. I agree with #9, Social Media has opened up the world to us, and I am glad that we have become friends. Have a blessed and beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been all that fond of Danielle Steel. I read a few of her books long ago and decided they weren't for me, but I have to admit 44 Charles Street sounds interesting. Perhaps as I've gotten older and am looking at life from a different perspective my "tastes have changed" and I should give Ms. Steel another try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found a huge stack of Danielle Steele books at a thrift store just before the world shut down. I've never read any of her books...I should find the time now. That excerpt is lovely.

    I do love the soundtrack to this movie. Enjoyed your answers today. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you can verbally get your feelings across. I can, but with a lot of stumbling over words.
    Your book sounds good! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you know, I prefer writing, lol. ANYWAYS---SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thankful the internet, my friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah. For all its problems, social media is wonderful for keeping us connected to the outside world--especially in times like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your responses, as usual... and I agree. I have a ton of tea of all kinds getting old in the cabinets because my tastes have changed to coffee..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there !
    About to launch into to a busy morning...so nice to begin my day here !
    Interesting questions...great answers ! Thank you for sharing
    Have a splendid day , my friend !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.