Wednesday, August 12, 2020

2nd post for today: HodgePodge

 

Rain and thunder and darkness today.
It has been a very stormy summer here by the Jersey seaside. Everything is green and lush as a result. Though, compared to the brown landscape of the western US.


Here is this week's hodgepodge. 
From this Side of the Pond1. August 12th is National Middle Child Day...are you a middle child? If not, where in your family do you fall in terms of birth order? Do you hold true to the typical characteristics of oldest-middle-youngest-only child?  Elaborate.

I am the first born of my parents, but not an only child. I am my father's youngest by decades and my mother's only child.
I don't believe in categories or locking people into classifications. It is very ugly.  Personality types, religious types, any other types.     Nope, Not having it.
Annie don't play that. Life is not that simple and people are never simple, never the same. Each person is as different as snowflakes. No two are the same ever.  This effort to lock people into categories is very new, very disturbing and very wrong.

2. Tell us about a time you felt like (or you actually were) in the middle of nowhere.
Uintas Mountains, Utah
Everywhere is somewhere. If you were no where you would not exist. See?  I've been in places where humans rarely go in the High Unitas of Utah though.

3. What's something you're smack in the middle of currently?
Fixing the house up as I am able. I can't fix my roof. I just have no money for it so I am rearranging inside to make myself feel better about a hopeless situation.
4. What's a food you love to eat that has something delicious in the middle?
I used to love Snickers but I no longer eat sugar of any kind really, so oh, I know, how about Manicotti! Now that's pretty delicious in the middle!


 5. Share a memory from your middle school days, or junior high if that's what your school dubbed kids somewhere between grades 6-8.
We studied aviation in 7th  grade. Our science teacher Mr. Seitz taught us about aviation. We each built our own design from balsa wood. A great year and a wonderful experience.
It was still called Junior High and was 7th and 8th grades.
  
 6. Insert your own random thought here.

With Politicians.  Everyone of them is a crook. Right/left.. all the same bunch of losers.

9 comments:

  1. "Snowflakes"--ya got me rolling on it, LOLOL. I know, stupid, Linda, stupid. Get your mind out of the gutter gf. lolol

    Yeah on the political scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always amazed by the tid bits you throw out to us. I can imagine there is quite a story to go along with the Utah mountain trek. The summation of all the parts always assures us that you have enjoyed a marvelous, adventurous life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog header is lovely. And now I'm wishing we were having manicotti for dinner. : ) I haven't made that in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those high places in Utah, I imagine, are absolutely gorgeous. Good for you rearranging to make your surrounding different during this sad time we are living in. Sounds like a good idea. Good answer on the manicotti. OMG Snickers use to be a favorite of mine. I actually went to a group hypnotist thing about 35 years ago. One of the things I wanted to stay away from were Snickers and it would be very rare for me to buy one ever since. I hear you on your random!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your roof doesn't get worse. I never heard of those mountains. Looks pretty! I always enjoyed my science classes. Yes we are all unique, created by the Great Creator, El Elohim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, Utah is pretty desolate. A friend drove through there this week (relocating with US Navy) and she said she hopes they never get stationed there.
    No Snickers or Milky Ways here any more either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, southern Utah is. Northern Utah is forested and very different. :) I miss my Snickers!!

      Delete
  7. Amen to that last thought. I worked for the GOP back during the 2012 election season and it was an eye opener. There was no discussion of issues, of what the people wanted. All it was about was winning. That's all any of it's about...getting and/or keeping the power.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning !
    Still grey here...sprinkles earlier .
    Thank you for interesting questions and thoughtful answers...always find interesting goodies here !
    Couldn't agree more about politics !
    Stay safe and well , my friend

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.