Thursday, October 22, 2020

The Essential Blogger

Bloggers come and go. Some delete their old blogs, sadly, since people do go back to re-read or at

Love..Give.. Serve

least I do! But when bloggers stop blogging there is a void, a hole in the world.

Some leave because they think they have nothing to say. I even will leave off posting for want of things to say rather than just post a picture, photo... poem, something and that's a shame. It's a shame because I have always realized that whatever you say or do not say in the case of just a picture, you are reaching someone and saying exactly what they need to hear that day.

Sharing yourself on Blogger or whatever you use is a way of serving, helping, giving... loving others and your words or pictures are precious thoughts that are needed in a world that is increasingly being torn apart socially. Social distancing has been in the works for years with buying online, anti-social behavior of others being off putting, etc.   But when you say, "Today I sat outside just enjoying nature" or "Today I am doing nothing at all!"  You give permission to others to just enjoy a day without guilt.    If you share your music, your singing, your thoughts, your photos you are serving.
 I wrote a list for this or that.. I prayed.. I did a study.. I drew pictures. You can open up a new world for someone else. Here is a photo from long ago.. Here is what we ate, this is where we went. Yes, you open up worlds.

Every single blogger I know gives something important. When they are gone, we lose a lot. I still think of Bloggers gone for a long, long time now. They impacted my life!


Blogging gives you a chance to share with others all over the world. You give a view of your little corner of the world to a huge and diverse audience and I find that at least one person publishes something every single day that is needed, helpful or downright life saving and uplifting.

So when you think you have nothing to say.. just log in and say.. Hi Everyone.. Have a good day or just post a picture that is pretty or inspirational or even sad. It doesn't matter because you will reach someone and be speaking/ministering directly to them and their needs.. You never know but you are on this planet for a reason.. you specifically. Your gifts, talents, words, attitudes, situation in life can be invaluable to others.   Sometimes, just letting people hear of your mundane daily life is encouraging to someone. It can be life saving.  I know I am going to try much harder to give, serve and share with you all.

Keep blogging my friends.. you are necessary in this world.



7 comments:

  1. Great post Annie! I have been blogging for 20 years now. I saved all I posted on my old blog because it is easy to do. My goal for 2021 is to print it out for my family. I think blogging is good for all the reasons you say. Also to keep our minds alert. Finally, I enjoy the pictures others share that foster positivity which is good for our souls. I love your headers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post shares a sweet justification for blogging; we may do a short post of just a photo or a few words and reach someone who felt alone or sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this reminder that each of us has a real purpose in this world...that the smallest kindness has a profound effect on others...that what we do DOES matter !!!
    YOU matter to us !!!
    Have a lovely day , my friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for these words Annie. I think I needed to hear this today. I've been contemplating dropping my blog because of the very reasons you stated. This has encouraged me to hang on for awhile. The mojo (if I even ever had it) may come back and anyway, I love the people I have met and don't want to lose that. Thanks again for this encouragement that I feel was written just for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh oh guilty. lolol. Have a beautiful day, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great post. Photoblogs, and similar, are the beautiful corner of the internet away from all the strife. Over the years I have made friends with lots of bloggers. Many of them are gone now and often I have no idea what happened and it is just this big loss. I mourn people I never met.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is so good, Annie. I am so glad I saw this today. Yesterday I was away from blogging for some reason, not sure why...but today I am playing catch up. There are times when I feel like quitting because I just can't seem to keep up with everyone and I hate to miss reading them, but then someone will say they appreciated something they saw on my blog and it makes me all the more aware that what we say to each other matters...we encourage one another and keep each other going when we sometimes feel like giving up. so thank you for sharing this today (yesterday, I'm just late). It speaks to my heart and to many others, and reminds us of why we ever started blogging in the first place. We need each other. In this world of being so far apart from family and friends, this is a safe place where we can encourage, exhort, pray, laugh, cry and have fun together. Thank you. Have a blessed and wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.