Saturday, February 13, 2021

Valentines Day.. questions.

 




1. What is the meaning of Valentine’s Day in your country/area? What happens on this day?
It is a saint's feast day. People celebrate in their own way I suppose/ If you are Catholic go to mass 🙂
2. Is Valentine’s Day more for men or women? Explain your answer.
It is for anyone. Its about a man who did good for others.
3. Do you have any special plans for Valentine’s Day? What will you do?
No plans at all.
4. Which traditional gift would you rather receive: chocolates, flowers, or a card with a personal message?
I don't eat chocolate..gives me a headache, I have rarely gotten flowers (except from the Famous Anonymous last week.. I was so excited!!) so I guess personal message would be the best.
5. Is Valentine’s Day only about romantic love? Or is it a good occasion to celebrate friendship as well?
It is about romantic love not friendship. St Valentine paid for the weddings and dowries of poor girls back in a time when it was extremely important to do so.
6. Do you like romantic movies? What is your favorite romantic movie? 
 Yes, I do like romantic movies!

 
My favorite romantic movie is You've Got Mail.
7. Have you ever received a Valentine’s Day card or gift from a secret admirer? How did it make you feel?
No I never have. If I did receive one I wouldmost likely feel it was someone pulling prank.
8. Is Valentine’s Day the most romantic day of the year? If not, what day is?
It never was for me..would have been nice if it were, but nope. Never had romantic men in my life.
9. What is the most romantic thing you have done for another person?
Nothing I wish to share with anyone.
10. Valentine’s Day is promoted by companies whose only interest is making money. Discuss whether you agree or disagree. Probably but that shouldnt get in the way of having a nice time. It is what you make of it.
11. Describe your perfect Valentine’s Day date.
I never had a Valentine's Day date but maybe just being alone with somoene. Oh.. I did get pregnant with my daughter on Valentine's Day. I guess that was a date that will live in infamy LOL.
12. How should a single person spend Valentine’s Day? What do you suggest? Pray for a good companion in life.
13. Do you enjoy playing cupid? Do you try to introduce people in the hope they will make a love match?
I have set up a few couples actually who are happily married.
14. Some restaurants charge higher prices on Valentine’s Day. Are you willing to pay more to dine out on this day?
I think it would be nicer to stay home.
15. Is a romantic gesture more powerful on Valentine’s Day or on another day of the year?
It might be, depending on what it is. But anytime is a powerful gesture as long as it is true, sincere and heartfelt and meaningful.
 
 (note: I have no clue where this signature came from...anyone know?)

 

7 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your answers. Have a Happy Valentines Day.
    http://lolasdiner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good answers. I hope you have a blessed and beautiful Valentine's Day today. How sweet of the "famous anonymous" to send you flowers this week. She is a "keeper". What a blessing. We don't do flowers or candy here...just a card will do...and yesterday we saw steak on sale at the store and so we had grilled ribeyes, baked potatoes w/sour cream and a salad for supper. Our son grilled the steaks for us. Not romantic, just special!! We don't do steak very often! Have a blessed and beautiful day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie:
    I love your answer to #11. It's definitely a day to remember.
    I don't know where the signature came from, but I have seen it before.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before Steve and I married almost 42 years ago I told him I don't do all this (to me) silly nonsense. Just be nice to me all the time and I'll be nice to him, and we're good to go. *wink* Guess I'm not very "romantic". I tend to think with my head and not my heart. Safer that way. I find drama unnerving, except in the movies, where drama belongs. *lol*
    I enjoyed the questionnaire.
    Hope your day is blessed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute siggie, I do not know where it came from. Loved your answers! Have a very Happy Valentine's Day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved reading your answers! Hope your day was a good one yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.