Monday, March 1, 2021

Tuesday 4

Hi.... An early posting of my own Tuesday 4. 

I can't help but think of Toni when I do this.Actually I think of her daily.. when I have coffee, when I see Peanuts, when I think of Italian food or anything, and when I need a lift I think of her.

Today's questions came from Pamela Steiner the Florida girl.



1. In what part of the country is your current home located? North, South, East, West, Mid West,
coastal, rural, city, mountains or plains?
My current home is on the very edge of the eastern United States because I live at the seashore.
 2. Why did you choose your present home, and how long have you lived there?
I didn't choose it, I inherited it. I have been here since 1991.  That was the year of the Perfect Storm and boy were things bad! I had 4 feet of water in my yard. I let the dog out the back door and she had to swim. Good thing she was a flat coat retriever with webbed feet. Actually she loved to swim in the bay.. so no problem for her.
photo taken by davelynne

 
3. What do you like the most about your present home? The back yard.  The rest is in bad shape and too expensive for me to fix. Its  a semi okay roof over my head though and I am grateful to have it.
 
4. If money were no object, is there anything you would change about your present home, or would you keep it just the way it is?
Oh.. YES! I would get a new roof.. 
I would replace the kitchen sink and counter tops as they are sagging around the sink.  
I need a new stove.  
 The bathroom needs a new floor and the toilet is listing to port.
 Yeah, pretty bad.  
I would also add a small addition since I need storage badly.
 My driveway needs new gravel too.

If you have any ideas for questions for Tuesday 4.. leave them on the Tuesday4 site.

12 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading from you Annie. By some miracle maybe one day you and I both can undertake renovations. Have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see from your picture of your dog that you
    did have a lot of water. She is a pretty dog.
    There is always something that needs to be taken
    care of to a home. I hope eventually you can get
    a new roof.
    I enjoyed your answers today and thank you for sharing
    your pictures. Have a good Tuesday.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/


    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a picture of your house? I don't think it is, but it is cute wherever it is! I do pray you will be able to find a way to fix your roof and the kitchen and other things. Sometimes I wish we'd come into a LOT of money so we could help people we care about, and you would be one of them. I know you love where you live because of your family and its close proximity to the seashore, so I know you'd prefer to stay there rather than move. I love the pictures you have shared of your home in the past...it looks very homey and cozy and pretty. Thank you for using these questions this week. I don't know if you ever saw the modified ones I sent you later, but I think this covers it all very well, and so far it seems people are playing along. Thank you!! Blessings to you today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photo of the forest cottage...so welcoming !
    It is interesting how folks are oriented to a particular geography .
    Some lean to the mountains or desert , but my home must be by the sea !
    When living in Colorado , my son once asked me to move out there . "Nope"
    "Why not ?",he asked . "No surf" , was my answer . Lakes ,ponds and
    streams are lovely , but they are not the ocean that calls to me !
    Thank you for another interesting post !
    Be safe and well , my friend !
    May the Renovation Fairy gift you with whatever is needed !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to live by the sea again. I do home that you are able to get the repairs done one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you on the repairs/updates. My husband was so focused on work for so many years that things around here just got ignored. Now he's finally working on them here and there, but it's a much bigger job than if he'd made the time back when...and he's not as energetic and strong as he once was, so it's harder that way, too. Now add that the pandemic and Biden's policies are driving up the prices of everything...some days I don't think it will ever get done. Sigh. Your pup was a beauty! I love black dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Home improvements are so expensive. Maybe we should all play the Lotto? It's our only hope of wealth. *grin* The improvements never seem to end too. We've been down that road often and our house is relatively "new" and we had it built just for us. It was constructed in early-to-mid-1993, right after the Storm Of The Century. First the roof had to be replaced (went with steel), then the siding we chose had to be replaced and repainted, then the fence had to be redone, now the A/C needs replacing again, and so on. And the government has the audacity to call property ownership an asset! OH PLEASE! All we do is bleed money. Gosh, if it wasn't so well built, paid for, and on so much land I would be sorely tempted to sell and get a trailer. I gotta live on a lot of land. I don't play well with others. It's for everyone's safety. *lol* xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my on the water in the yard!! So sorry about all the repairs that need to be done. Hopefully that will happen someday for you. Take care and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is that your Cottage by the Sea? I love it! I miss Toni so much too. I always think about her a lot on Tuesday 4 day as well. You are doing a great job. She would be so happy. Loved your answers! Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hear you on the repairs, and understand about the sagging counter tops, flooring (our counters are way saggy, the floors are soft due to the water, humidity etc if that is your home it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Living by the shore sounds amazing! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know how I feel about living near the ocean, grin. Have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.