Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Weather or not Tuesday 4


 Welcome once again to Tuesday 4 begun by Toni Taddeo and kept alive in her memory.

Let's discuss the weather...


1. Spring is here. What do you like or dislike about it weather wise?  I don't like the damp bone chill of Spring or the fact that it's blooms come and go so very quickly.  It is a neither/nor season. Not hot, not cold, just lukewarm and filled with  humid air that goes through you. No thank you.  However, standing outside on Monday evening after the rain, the chill air made me feel good to be alive. It was bracing and lovely.  Its important to find something wonderful in every day, every season.

2. How do you fare in humidity? Do you fade or come alive ?   I fade a bit and ache with humidity. My spinal injuries hurt like crazy when the humidity climbs. States like Florida would be horrible for me for that reason. NJ is bad enough but the south is just hideous with humidity.  I'd fare better in Utah, Arizona or California.  Days when it hurts are good days to find quiet things to do. They are a chance to sit and read.. ponder, hear good music.

3. Do rainy days bother you or are you happy for an occasional break from the sunshine?    I love variations in weather. Too much sunshine is boring, too much rain is the same. I like a nice mix of weather and conditions. Windy, snowy, cold, warm, hot, all of it makes life worth living.

4. In your opinion, what is the best thing about each season?

Spring is nice for the blossoms.

Summer is nice for the greenery and the beach. Lovely warm winds are good to feel on your skin.

Autumn is the best season.. warm some days , chilly others, windy, gorgeous vivid color on the trees and shrubs.  The bracing air makes you feel good to be alive.

Winter and its silver skies, its cold days that make you happy to enjoy being inside...snow that makes you happy to be outside as it falls on you gently.  Walking along the lane at night time seeing the golden lights of houses spilling out on the snow.. there are few sights so lovely.  Standing outside hearing the deep silence of the snow as it falls layering itself on the ground a pristine white carpet....

Thanks for joining in and making this so much fun for everyone! 

I am truly happy to host this and I know Toni would appreciate it being continued and I appreciate that you join in.



7 comments:

  1. Hi Annie:
    Sorry that your spinal injuries make you hurt when
    there is humidity.
    I did enjoy your questions and answers.
    Have A Happy Day!

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/


    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the humidity can be brutal. Here in Florida it is pretty miserable in the summer, but that is why we have air conditioning and are very happy to have it. The worst months are May-October, but the rest of the year is quite pleasant for the most part. After reading your post, I think you actually enjoy fall and winter the most, even though you love the beach and summer sun...but your descriptions made fall and winter come alive! Thank you for doing this. I haven't posted yet, but am enjoying others' responses and am thinking about my own. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially enjoyed your description of winter. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before I went low sugar/carb's with my meals I used to ache all the time, especially in humidity. I sure get that. I've had neck and shoulder surgeries. The heat and humidity in Southeast Georgia can be monstrously brutal. I hide in the A/C most of August and early September.
    I pray your day is blessed and pain free. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah , another wonderful post !
    Your "word paintings" are lovely , as always .
    Today brings sunshine and cool winds...not bad , eh ?
    Wishing you peace and joy , my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear how the humidity bothers your spine. ((Hugs)) We always welcome rain in Southern CA because we need it. I would love to go to the beach!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have arthritis in my hips. I have not put it together what starts me hurting...barometric pressure? I seem to hurt worse on rainy days and in the winter.
    I am sorry about your pains. It can be miserable. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.