Monday, December 13, 2021

Name.. tuesday 4


 Welcome to Tuesday 4 kept up for Toni Taddeo our dear friend who was taken home to God on December 14, 2019.  She would be pleased to know you all join in.

This week let's talk about your name!    

1. What name would you take if you had to change your name?   There are sites online that give you alternate names. One such gave you an 'average American name'.  My name came up as Julia Ann Baker, so there is that.     My mother had selected the name Jane for me but my father changed it. I think Jane is a nice name as is Julia so I would select either of those.

2.  What is the meaning of your name.. how about your last name, do you know it's meaning?  

My first name is Ann which is from the Hebrew Chana (Hanah) meaning grace. In numerology it is the number 5.. also the number of grace. Even my entire name comes out to a 5 so grace is marked all over my name. I feel strongly that God names us and that the name fits in many ways.


My last name is a name I acquired in marriage and is of Norwegian, Danish, German origin. It means hunter in those languages.   It is used for the military special forces in those countries and is also the name of a special kind of sea gull.

3. Do you think you fit your name and it's meaning? God has showed me quite a lot of grace, so yes.

4. Were you named after anyone or given your name for a specific reason?  How about your kids?   My father named me for his paternal grandmother.  I have seen her name on her headstone in Scotland and it's also my name. Very interesting to see that. She was a shop keeper who sang opera beautifully. 



7 comments:

  1. Oh my! A "shopkeeper who sang opera beautifully". I love that. I wonder if she dreamed of becoming an opera star! But perhaps she blessed more people just by being a shopkeeper who sang so beautifully! That would make people happy. Your name suits you beautifully...yes, you are full of Grace. I did not know that Ann meant that. My middle name is Anne, and I didn't think to look that one up for its meaning when I did my post. Now I have learned something new even about myself that I did not know. Thank you for continuing this meme in memory of Toni. How appropriate that we have this today on the anniversary of her passing. She was an inspiration to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning !
    Another beautiful day ! Your header is another lovely one...grateful for your talents !
    Well , your post had me dashing for the "20,001 Names For A Baby " book ! On this anniversary , it is fitting to learn the meaning of Toni's name . It is a diminutive of Antoinette , from the Latin and means , most appropriately , "Beyond price , invaluable " !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, a shopkeeper who sang opera, smiles. I hope you are having a lovely day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew that about the name "Ann". You are grace itself. Such a fantastic artist too. How's the house? Is it finished yet? Would love to see photos of the finished product.
    Looks like everyone's blogs got hit by the spammer Rajani Rehana today.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love learning more about the origins of names and I like the name I have. Except I go by my middle name which can be confusing sometimes. LOVE your new banner! It really is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your answers Anne and especially how it all works out to "grace". Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sister's name is Ann Marie. I will have to tell her what I learned. I like the graphic you found with your name on it. Will we be doing Christmas questions next week. My grandkids are having a great time in NY!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.