Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Back to School.. Tuesday 4

Hey friends,
Today I was dug out of the 21 inches of snow that fell.  The neighbors and township piled a good 6 ft of snow in front of my house though    If  I had a sled I would be using it on that "hill".

Welcome back  to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 dear friends.   I am so glad you are continuing to play along! 

It can be hard to come up with topics from week to week so your input would be great .

Let's go back to school today...

1. You are  back in high school... what are you doing after school lately?

I am editor in chief of the newspaper, managing editor of the school  radio station and literary editor of the yearbook so I have a ton of things to do after school.     I also  have Girls Athletic Society games too for field hockey.  I am busy.. busy.. busy.. Its dark by the time I am heading home this fall and  I am loving it so much!

2. Do you do homework early or late? Do you really study?  Yes, I really do study. Homework is usually done in free time and school and then I finish up at home.

3. a, Do you go to the games? Football? Basketball.. what is your favorite to attend?  I am a big fan of wrestling and basketball. I go to all the games.  I only go to football on Thanksgiving when we play our rival.


  b. Do you go to the dances? Prom? (what'd you wear?)
I do go to dances, yes.  To the Prom I wore a pale blue lace evening gown with a wide satin sash at the waist.
I found a picture online that is a close replica... except that mine was a very pale turquoise under the white lace. The sash was turquoise satin and the lace covered the  entire gown.     There was a satin train-like insert at the back in the same turquoise satin  I do have my prom photos just not on my computer.

4.Lunch!  What are we having today?   What is your favorite lunch?

I like  tuna salad  or left overs for lunch.   I enjoy when my Mom spreads date nut bread with cream cheese for my lunch!!!    Most years we went home for lunch and only in our new school did we stay to eat on campus.  Every other year we all went home for our lunches. I preferred that since it was a nice break in the day.

Thanks for joining in!




10 comments:

  1. I really would love to see your Prom photo, Ann, grin and a nudge. I hope you have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly were busy in high school, Anne. I always admire those who were on the yearbook committee or school newspaper. I never had the confidence to do either. I misunderstood the questions and thought I was suppose to answer them as if I were in school in today's time. What a silly girl, right? Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think it's cool you answered from a today point of view. There really is never a right/wrong way with the questions. You can interpret them as you see them and I think thyat adds to the interest!!

      Delete
  3. That dress is gorgeous. You were busy weren't you! But how fun. I was on our yearbook staff for a few years and that was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning !
    Beautiful header - one of my favorites !
    Interesting questions and answers...I was in drama club , etc and for lunches , delighted the Lunch Ladies by appreciating their food and asking for seconds (especially the Tuna Macaroni Salad and Creamy Chicken over Biscuits !).
    We only got about 15" of snow , but because I have no one to shovel me out, it's still there !!! Hoping you all are safe , well and warm !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You sure were busy! I was in the school drill team and in the choir. My favorite class was BOE (Business Office Education). I loved learning how to type and how to write shorthand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man! You really were very busy! That dress is very pretty and I love the idea of it in turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had study hall in school, that is why I did not remember studying. I did my homework there. I never had homework to take home unless there was a test. Loved your answers! Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love that dress! I can just imagine it in turquoise...that would be my favorite too! How nice you were able to go home for lunch. We were allowed to do that in elementary school, but not high school. My mother worked, so I couldn't go home, but sometimes I was allowed to go home with my girlfriend for lunch. Her mother cooked a big full meal at noon because my friend's father also came home for lunch and that was their big meal of the day. Sounds like you enjoyed school too. Those were "happy days".

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was in GAA too and I loved it! Your prom dress must have been beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.