Tuesday, August 23, 2022

House & Home



H
ello on this 66F rainy and very humid morning on the New Jersey seashore.

Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4
Let's share our home secrets with one another.   Maybe you have  some ideas other ladies would love to hear about.
1.   What household tool or appliance do you rely on a lot?

My washer and drier are wonderful tools.  I have gone without them for a time and that makes you appreciate them so much.

2.   Which laundry detergent, fabric softener, and dish detergent work best for you?

My favorite laundry detergent was always Oxydol but they don't have it anymore. Nothing got my whites cleaner.  Now I vary what I buy. Right now I have some Tide and a bottle of Gain.

I use Downy for fabric softener but I water it down as it clogs your washer.   
For dish washing I used to use Ivory or Joy.  Nothing beats Ivory. Mostly now I use Ajax. or Palmolive.

I used Dawn for a bit as it was advertised as cutting grease. Well, it doesn't cut grease anymore.  I think they change formulas after a while to save money and go on previous reputation to sell.  Sorry Dawn, you don't work well at all anymore so I won't buy you.    While I like the scents of Mrs. Meyers for winter and fall, it is super expensive for a tiny bit and if you don't have a dish washer its ridiculous.  So, right now I am using  Palmolive and Ajax.   Man, as a young wife I used to love using Joy!
My mother always used Dash and Cheer.. remember them? And you got glasses or towels in the boxes.

3.   What soap do you like to use?   Where do you have soap in your home... bathroom, kitchen, shower?

In the shower I have Dragon's Blood soap that I found at TJ Maxx. Its exfoliating and wonderful.   I am finishing up Pecksniff's Sugared Plum and Fig soap for hands at the bathroom sink.. Dove Derma Care is in the wings as Pecksniff's is down to just a couple of pumps.   I also use Pecksniff's soaps in the kitchen usually with seasonal scents though right now I have a Mrs. Meyers hand soap that I do not like.  Its gel and when you pump it onto your hands most of it falls into the sink.  I find Mrs. Meyers a waste of money.

4.   What is the secret to a clean home in your opinion?    

Clean as you go.  If you put things away, the house stays nicer.    I find that a great way to keep the kitchen in control while I am cooking too.  

Thanks for joining in for Tuesday 4.      Much appreciated.


10 comments:

  1. I agree, Mrs. Meyers is expensive! Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried Mrs. Meyers, primarily because of the cost. I buy the concentrated Dawn dish soap, and it seems to be just fine still on degreasing. You have to look for the one that says it is concentrated. Yes, I do rely on my washer and dryer a lot and would not want to do without them. I miss having a clothesline here. I suppose we could put one out, but we have several steps going up and down from our house and I don't think I should be carrying laundry baskets on stairs anymore. I enjoyed today's post. Thank you again for thinking of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, clean as you go while cooking is the only way to go! It really makes final cleanup a cinch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how Gain leaves the linens smelling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer cleaning as I cook in the kitchen too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Mrs. Meyers...waste of money. As a young housewife, I loved Joy, mostly because I love lemons. I don't use my dishwasher so I go through a lot of dish soap, I do use Dawn Platinum, seems to work pretty good for me. I love Pecksniff's soap too, and I love that I can find it at TJ Max, I really like using beautifully scented soap! Picking up after myself is the best way to keep on top of things...I hate clutter. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to check on some of the soaps you've mentioned. I love nice smelling soaps...clean fresh scents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, the washer and dryer! I did not list those, but for sure!
    I also agree with clean as you go. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. As close to natural works for me! Oh yes, the washer and dryer. I do miss hanging towels and sheets on the line. Fresh and brightened by the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clean while you go, I like that and often do just that! I love my washer and dryer. Laundry is my favorite thing to do as far as house work goes .Always has been, I think I am very much like my mom was :-) Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.