Sunday, October 9, 2022

Books Sunday

Hello friends on this cold 37°F (2.7C) Autumn day. It's sunny, crisp with a refreshingly clean breeze off the sea. Just a good to be alive kind of
chilly fall day
  day.   Birds are vocal today as they stop in my yard on their way further south.  All are welcome!   Soon the sound of geese honking will be heard day and night.
 I am joining in for Sunday Stealing.
 
Cheers!
"Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing.  Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves."



What period of history is your favorite to read about?   I like just about any period of time but the days of the pioneers 1800 - 1880's is especially interesting to me.

What is your favorite genre of fiction?  I like good mysteries a la Agatha Christie , Dorothy Sayers, and my all time favorite is Robert Parker. author of the famous Spenser series and the Jesse Stone series.

Do you choose a book by its cover?   Oh, yes quite often!

Where do you do most of your reading?  at the kitchen table where I can prop the book. 


Without looking, guess how many books are in your TBR pile. Now, look. Were you right?  I don't have a to be read pile.   I have a hefty library of hundreds of books.

How many movies are on your TBW list?  Again, I really don't have a list like that.  I do prowl around YouTube for old film noirs.  Well, now wait a minute here.   I do have a TBW list.. for the holidays.   

TBW List
1. The Desk Set ( Tracey and Hepburn)
2. The Bishop's Wife (the old one with Loretta Young, Cary Grant and David Niven)
3. A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott, Edward Woodward, David Warner and Susannah York)
4. Meet Me in Saint Louis with Judy Garland.
5. Adam's Rib (Tracey and Hepburn)
6. Moonstruck
7. You've Got Mail
8.  Metropolitan (Wilt Stallman film) which is a cult classic by the way.


What's your favorite genre of movie?  Romance, action, mystery, film noir  depending on my mood.

Do you still go to see movies in the theater?  Yes. I love the big screen.


You have $10,000 and no strings or obligations for one full day. Where do you go and what do you do?  I hire someone to do the repairs to my bathroom or kitchen.

How many songs are on your favorite playlist?  maybe a hundred or so.
What method do you use to listen to music (Spotify, iTunes, Pandora...)?   Mainly CD's downloaded to my computer or YouTube.

Tonight the new questions for Tuesday 4 will be posted.   I do hope you will join in. 



7 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your answers, Annie...miss you too. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home repairs. Yikes. Great when they're done, but surely a pain while in the process. Ours always have been, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to a movie at the theater in so many years I can't count them, but I remember what the movie was..."The Titanic". Yes, that's the truth. We don't go to movies, but I wouldn't mind it if there was one worth paying the money to go and see. Otherwise, we just wait until they come on TV. I don't have any book lists right now either. And yes, $10,000. for a day would be lovely. We need to completely do over our floors...get rid of carpet. That's my goal one room at a time, but if I had the $10,000. I could do it all at once and maybe have something left over! (maybe). Sounds like you've got a beautiful fall day going on. It warmed up here a bit, but it is expected to cool back down next week and maybe a couple of days of rain, which we need again. Take care and enjoy your lovely fall weather for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that same period of history if I'm going to read about a time period and yep, I'd do some sprucing up/fixing around here with the money, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like every change in seasons bring more home repairs needing to be completed! We haven’t been to movies in forever, we prefer watching a movie being cozy in our home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Annie~ I've tried a couple of times to comment and it boots me out! Hopefully this time works. I love the 1800's and the 1930's - 1960's. I love anything WWII. For some reason, these eras just fascinate me! Bridge over the River Kwai, is one of my favorite movies. I am a total music junkie! I have so much music downloaded that I had to get another drive to store it on...every genre, (except rap and heavy metal) I most likely have it! I think $10.000 dollars would be awesome. I would have new sidewalks poured and get a new dishwasher...mine hasn't worked for over a year...I have dishpan hands ;0) Fun post! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.