z Cottage by the Sea : Going Crackers

Friday, August 28, 2026

Going Crackers


Welcome friends.     It is a dark, rainy, thunder stormy 74°F  Friday here along the shore and I am enjoying it very much.  So much in fact that I think I will take a little nap when this post is done and enjoy it even more!   zzzzzzzzzz
 As a kid I was a big Shirley Temple fan.  I knew every song by heart and collected pictures of her too.
Now let's have some fun with Saturday 9....

 Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!

Saturday 9: Animal Crackers in My Soup (1935)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune?    Hear it  HERE.  

This month Saturday 9 will be tasty, featuring songs with food in the title.
1) Do you eat soup all year round, or do you consider it a seasonal dish?
No, I don't consider it seasonal.
  As a kid I had it a lot.  My mother made homemade soups for my lunch like my favorite Chicken Gumbo  and just plain chicken soup on Friday.

2) Gazpacho is a popular cold soup. Made with water-rich tomatoes, cucumbers and bell peppers, it's considered a good choice for hot weather because it's hydrating. What are your favorite summertime foods?
Potato salad, tuna-macaroni salad. I do like salads in summer.

In chicken soup!
3) This week, Shirley Temple sings of the delights of having crackers in her soup. How often do you add crackers to your soup: always, sometimes, never?
  In chicken soup I add them quite often.   

4) "Animal Crackers in My Soup" was the big musical number in the 1935 movie Curly Top. Shirley played Elizabeth, who helps her older sister find love with a handsome millionaire. Have you ever played matchmaker? If yes, were your efforts successful?
Yes. I have and yes, the efforts were successful.  




5) Gertrude Temple, Shirley's mother, was her daughter's onset hairstylist, creating the famous "curly top" with pin curls. What's your hair care regimen? 
Hahahaha.       Well.........I wash it .

6) Bartenders are still called upon to create the non-alcoholic Shirley Temple, made with ginger ale, lemon-lime soda, and grenadine. What's the most recent alcoholic beverage you drank? 
I had a sip of some wine someone was drinking to see how it tasted.

7) In 1935, when this song was popular, Amelia Earhart flew from Honolulu to Oakland, California. Are you a nervous flyer?
Well, being that I flew with student pilots where one of the manuevers was to stall out the engine and restart it.. I'd say no.

8) Also in 1935, The Hoover Dam was dedicated. Today it's a popular tourist attraction, with more than 7 million visitors each year. Have you ever been to Las Vegas?
No.  Never been to Las Vegas.

9) Random question: You get a spur-of-the-moment invitation to a meal with your best friend. Could you go wearing what you have on right now? 
No, I am not dressed to go out but I am very comfortable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.