Monday, May 21, 2012

Day by Day on the Bay







The quilts are washed, scented with lavender, folded and ready to be put on the shelf until they are wanted.
The smell of freshly laundered linens is one of the simple joys of life.
It makes this rainy spell we are having just a bit nicer.






A little gentleman sits watching the great outdoors and the falling rain from the laundry room screen door.
What a friend he is. Patient, sweet, even tempered and loving. You can't ask for more.

 



Outside the bay is stirred by the wind and the rain.
The foam sizzles around the rocks while each new wave sends a spray flying up and over them.









5 comments:

  1. Rain rain go away come again some other day! Your patient kitty looks so sweet. I love the smell of lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie,
    I have my washer & dryer in my downstairs bathroom which I call the cats bathroom since they eat, drink and go to the bathroom in there. After I do the laundry I love the smell downtairs it is one of the simple joys of life! I love the picture of your roommate looking out the door. Hope you have a wonderful rest of the day. And by the way I forget when did you say you were moving?? That should be coming up soon I think??

    Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice stash of quilts you have. I love the smell of laundry that has dried on a clothesline. Haven't had one of those since I was a little girl and used to run thru the damp sheets. Garfield looks so cute on the inside looking out. :) I like your photos with the old-fashioned corners. I remember when we used those in photo albums. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie;
    I love your quilts and I miss the smell of laundry drying on a clothesline. I would love to have a cottage on the bay. It must be wonderful living there. Your little gentleman friend is adorable.

    Thank you for your sweet comment on my headers. It's appreciated. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.