Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Get Rid of Wasps and Hornets
The Natural Way

Just a quick idea you might like to use.
Tuesday PLL night..
the last one after 7  years

If you are bothered by wasps or hornets in your yard, or if they tend to make their nests around your house this is a very simple and ecologically friendly way to send them packing.

Take a regular brown paper bag of the kind you might pack a lunch in and fill it with paper to puff it out.
Next tie a string around the top of the bag to keep it closed.  You are creating a replica wasp nest.
Hang it near the area that wasps or hornets are nesting or tend to nest  and they will move out.

I had to do this at both entrances to my house as wasps would come each year to make nests there.  I tried insecticide etc but, I do not like to use that junk if I can help it.
This works perfectly and no wasps or hornets come near my house now.

The paper bag/sack in the photo below has seen better days. It was once very puffy and authentic looking but its been through rain and wind and sun. But these will last the entire spring/summer season and are fool proof.

This one is a few months old now but still working.
You need string, paper lunch sack/bag and some wax paper or something to fill the bag.
Wad up some wax paper to fill the paper sack/bag

Plop it inside

Tie it up with some string. Leave enough to hang it up.

Here is a new one beside the old one.  But the old one still does the job!


10 comments:

  1. Cool idea...we don't see to many bugs or insects around here...thanks for the tips, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THE HEADER. {{sorry for shouting}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. With July 4th rapidly approaching,is it too late to reserve a spot on your dock to watch the fireworks? I do love that cottage and would enjoy living in a place like that...especially now that the wasps and hornets are gone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on down Keegie. Plenty of room on the dock and we would love to have you.
      Hot dogs, ice cream.etc.

      Delete
  4. Thank you Annie! I am going to make a few of these tomorrow and hang them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I'd read this back in Florida. I had problems with wasps building a nest under the eaves of my front entrance. I'll will keep this in mind. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may have to try this. I wonder if it works for mud dobbers and carpenter bees?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It may well.The insects think it is a rival colony and go elsewhere to build. Give it a try. It's certainly cheap enough and worth the try.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.