Wednesday, October 17, 2018

On An Autumn Wednesday

I made the top photo into a header. A Haiku by  Matsuo Basho fits it very well. The street is deserted and it was taken in autumn.
While you are here, take a look at the post below as well.    You might like to consider the works of Washington Irving as good autumn reading.  The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Rip Van Winkle and other stories are perfect.

  No one travels
Along this way but I,
This autumn evening.
by Matsuo Basho



The shallows-
a crane’s thighs splashed
in cool waves.
Matsuo Basho




The summer grasses
All that remains
Of brave soldiers dreams
Matsuo Basho 



Autumn  begins...
 Water doesn't care
if moss changes colors!




Thought for the day:
Notice how universities and news sites push diversity in everything except thought?



6 comments:

  1. Hello Annie, I sure enjoyed the photos and quotes today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos. I love autumn. Yes, I've noticed the universities and the news take on diversity. Distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fall decor, especially the header. I like the picture of the crane too. I saw one once at an industrial park lake. I thought maybe it was a sign that someone was having a baby. Turned out it was my daughter. Yes I agree with your thought for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent quote at the end. Yes! Love this post with your poetry and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, I love these photos and the Haiku...so appropriate! And yes, the quote at the end...so very, sadly true. Young people are now being told how to think and act in today's "society", and they are not encouraged to have independent thoughts, especially if they happen to lean toward anything conservative. So sad.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.