Sunday, October 14, 2018

Sunday Pancakes

Welcome friends. Autumn is underway it seems with cooler temperatures and leaves beginning
to change slowly but surely. Fall will soon be here.
I learned there is a difference in Autumn.. the entire season.. and fall, the time when leaves are actively falling from the trees. 
Now let's participate in Sunday Stealing with Bev Sykes.. you should give it a try as well. Let us know your thoughts and your recipe.

1. Your phone rings. Who is the most likely caller?
Statistically the most calls come from telemarketers and scam artists despite being on a don't call thingy.

2. How long do you chat on the phone each day?
The average would be zero minutes because I rarely get calls and rarely talk on the phone.
I text but only a couple minutes every few days really and usually to the Little when she is outside playing or to the Famous Anonymous at university to say Hi.

3. Who do you speak to the most?
Friends and family.

4. Do you often not answer if a certain person comes up on your caller id?
Yes, I don't answer if I don't know the number.

5. Do you phone friends at work?
No.
6. Do you make personal calls at work?
No I never did and wouldn't unless it was urgent.

7. Who do you always say “I love you” at the end of the call?
To my son, daughter and family.

8. Do you use a landline or cell more often?
I have not had a landline for years. Because of my closeness to the water table and the bay, I am in a position where telephone lines corrode and I had nothing but constant trouble with my underground phone lines.

9. Who in the blogosphere that you haven’t chatted with but would like to?
Anyone. But I do better talking in person than on a phone where I have zero to say usually.

Pancakes...
1. Scratch or mix? Buttermilk or plain?
Mix that is jazzed up. Buttermilk is nice .
2. Pure and simple, or with additions cooked in?
Plain is just fine.
3. For breakfast or for dinner?
Breakfast.
4. Preferred syrup or other topping? How about the best side dish?'
Real maple syrup from Vermont.

5. Favorite pancake restaurant?
I think that IHop has good pancakes as does Perkins , or so I am told.

Bonus: Any tasty recipes out there, for pancakes or other special breakfast dishes? Bring 'em on!
Use Aunt Jemima, etc but instead of adding water or milk, use club soda. It makes the pancakes far lighter and fluffier.

But here is a great Diner Style recipe for Fluffy Pancakes that works great every time.
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup cold seltzer water or club soda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more
  • Pure maple syrup (for serving)
 Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Use a fork to beat eggs, buttermilk, seltzer, vanilla, and 3 Tbsp. melted butter in a medium bowl to mix in the eggs. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and whisk together...the batter should be slightly lumpy.
 Heat a large griddle on medium heat; brush with butter. Working in batches, scoop 1/2-cupfuls of batter onto griddle; cook until bubbles form on the surface and pop and the underside is golden brown, 2 1/2–3 minutes. Flip and continue to cook until golden brown on the bottom, 2–2 1/2 minutes more. Transfer pancakes to plates or a platter and brush tops with butter. Serve with maple syrup alongside.

Until tomorrow, remember:

8 comments:

  1. enjoyed your answers! love your pics as well how I miss living by the water! lucky yoU! hope you will stop by and say hi at my page
    https://heavygators.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie! I do not talk much on the phone either. Your recipe sounds so yummy! Loved yrou answers! Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not like talking on the phone...maybe its because of my stupid accent (Midwestern-southern twang)...I say stupid, but others love it. ANYWAYS---I have a 'dummy phone', no smart phone and we have a landline, prefer it that way.

    I love pancakes too, smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your answers. Interesting that most of us don't like chatting on the phone. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Annie, just got home from my day with the family on the train ride. A little disappointing not the ride which was great but the Fall Foliage was still green not many colors at all. Loved your answers as they were a lot like mine. And love your new header. Have a blessed evening my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After having to talk on a phone for years for work, I'm not a fan of it now. I only have a cell and I also don't answer calls that aren't on my caller ID with a few exceptions if I think I recognize the number. I've made pancakes from scratch but usually just use a "complete" mix where you only add water. Enjoyed reading your answers! Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pancakes! Here: pannenkoeken. I love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the pancakes recipe. I'll have to try it with the seltzer. Thanks also for the reminder of Cardinal Sheen. My mother was as huge fan.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.