Monday, September 26, 2022

On Monday

Good day friends and happy Monday.
Using the Happy Homemaker Monday category list  created by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

The weather...Right now on the New Jersey seashore, it is 62°F , mostly sunny with highs in the
low 70's, winds from the NE at 10-20mph with gusting of 30mph.
Next high tide is in 1 hour. 23 minutes.

Right now I am....Sitting here having some coffee and working on the computer.

Thinking.... How the world swings like a pendulum, going from horribly puritanical ,self righteous  iron-fisted control to  a horribly libertine immorality and then back again. It never really reaches a happy medium. A gullible public never seem to learn from experience and children have far too much to say in the public arena today.  

On my reading pile.... I have not been reading for a while. I have been listening to books and documentaries online. I am more into academic books than novels, etc anyway.

On my TV..... Nothing as I no longer have cable, (can't afford it anymore and there is no reception here on the coast without it.) If I find something TV-ish on YouTube or Netflix I watch that sometimes.. like City Confidential on YouTube, otherwise I am more a radio person and like to hear the old time mystery such as CBS Radio Mystery Theater. Most of the episodes are online.

On the menu for this week....
  •  Beef Stew
  • Meatloaf, green beans, squash
  • Mexican casserole
  • Turkey patties with mixed veggies
  • Baked chicken and broccoli
  • Baked fish and vegetables
  • Polish cabbage soup
On my to do list... I want to reorganize the shelves in the laundry room. I don't like when things are cluttered or messy.  I need a center support on the shelves too.

IOn the craft basket....I have to finish recovering  my dining chairs.  Last time I used a Martha Stewart set of drapes to cover them and it worked beautifully as they were washable, sturdy and pretty.  Now I need to redo them with new padding and covering and I am thinking of painting them black. They are oak pressback chairs..victorian style

Looking forward to this week....Getting the house ready for autumn chill.

Looking around the house....I need new lights outside the house.  I will check if Walmart or Home Depot still have the solar ones available.

From the camera...Evening in my neighborhood:

Our cove

.On my prayer list.....So much. I always ask God to do what is best for us all. Praying for people who have long forgotten I exist even.     I could use prayers for health and finances  and home repairs.

Tomorrow is Toni's Tuesday 4!  Be sure to join in, won't you?





6 comments:

  1. In the 60's and sunny is perfect weather to me. I enjoyed reading your answers. I enjoy listening to audio books sometimes too. Hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...horribly puritanical ,self righteous iron-fisted control to a horribly libertine immorality and then back again. It never really reaches a happy medium. A gullible public never seem to learn from experience"

    We could use a little of the Puritanical nowadays though...


    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading about your day. Your menu sounds delicious and the sunset is stunning. I hear you about praying for people who don't remember us anymore. I've been feeling lately that if I didn't do the reaching out I would be completely forgotten and I have drastically reduced my reaching out (to family and friends). I keep busy enough but it would be nice to hear somebody I know was thinking about me. I will certainly remember you in prayer. Hugs and best wishes for a beautiful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good evening, Annie, I really enjoyed your post. Your crafting plans sound gorgeous. I hope you will post photos! We are enjoying a dramatic autumn chill and I am loving it! Such a respite! Your photo of the environs is amazing: love the color and light. You are quite a photographer! I’m with you on watching tv. Well, we have cable but there is nothing worthwhile on it. So I do enjoy much of what I find on YouTube. Of course, I’ve been known to watch a favorite recorded movie several times in repetition . Watching for different things each time! Call me odd! Have a blessed week. Oh, and my regular blogging will be on Saturday! Of course, stop by any day if the week for my new focus on seeking God! Blessings! Schotzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful photo of your cove. Your projects in the house sound good. Would love to see pictures when you redo your chairs. I love that you are having cooler weather. We are getting ready for Hurricane Ian and praying he decides to go elsewhere rather than here, but I don't want him to hurt anyone else either. Just fizzle and die would be best. Yes, we could use a little of the "Puritanical" again, but not to the extreme...just some good old fashioned common sense would be nice!! That seems to have gone out the window as well. Praying for our country every day. I hope you have a good week. We shall see what our week brings...one day at a time. God is with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Annie~ Couldn't agree with you more on..."Thinking". I don't have cable either, but once in a while I can get a channel and watch the evening news. I mostly watch, Netflix and YT. Your menu sounds really good, I have such a hard time with meals, so I really like it when others post their meal plans. I love the photo of the setting sun over the still water! You live in such a beautiful part of the world. God is always with us, that brings me much comfort.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.