Sunday, May 28, 2023

More Questions to Ponder

Sunday is  here and I am up long before dawn as I went to bed terribly early.    It's downright chilly at 45F and my heat has kicked on.

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves/  This week stolen from Kwizgiver.

1. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive through?  Neither one. I don't eat fast food.

2. Have you ever lost anything down a toilet?   Yes, a wedding ring

3. Do you have a dog? My dog friend, Brandy passed away at age 15 in 2008. 

4.  Ever go camping? 
American Fork Canyon  Utah
sword in the stone

I went camping for many years  here in New Jersey. We built our own boats and we would go camping by lakes and rivers boating in to camp sites.   When I lived in Utah  we camped a lot up in American Fork Canyon way up where only horses could get in.  Camping and rodeo were what took up most of our days and weekends, holidays, etc.
President Eisenhower

5. Have you met anyone famous?  Yes. When I was a kid I met President Dwight D. Eisenhower and got to shake his hand and talk to him.  He gave me advice too.  He said, "Ann, always have fun in life.  It's more important than most people know."  He passed away very soon after I met him.   If you get  a chance, listen to  his farewell address to the nation where he warns of the tyrannical Military Industrial Complex take over of the United States.  No one listened and now it is a reality.   
I've met others but, this one is the only one I care about.

6. Any plans today? Being with a friend to observe holidays.
Dwight David Eisenhower
at West Point


7. Are you happy?   I am neutral most of the time. Not happy, not sad. 

8. Where are you right now?  In my office/library which is in the front of the house and separated from the living room by massive book cases

9. Biggest annoyance in your life right now?  My spine hurts and makes walking difficult and clumsy.  I am tired of it. More tired of it than anyone really knows. God knows though and that is enough.

10. Last song listened to? 


11. Last movie you saw?   A Thunder of Drums with Richard Boone, George Hamilton, Luana Patton, Arthur O'Connell and Charles Bronson.

12. Are you allergic to anything?  Yes I am.

13. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?   Puma speedcats in black... or moccasins.

14. What do you think of when you think of Australia?   Continent.. Wonderful people,  pretty ocean...nasty bugs and dangerous animals, cool accent, ,  and now lately, a draconian government.

Pink Peau de Soie
with 2000 diamante

15. Do you use smiley faces on the computer a lot?  No, not much at all.

Mamie (Mary)Eisenhower loved pink and a pink was even named for her.  Here is her gorgeous inaugural ball gown, close up.   The pale Mamie Pink gown was covered in diamante gems.    Mamie was behind the pink craze of the 1950's-60's and the pink bathrooms I love so very much!    Before she was first lady, she was wife to army officer Dwight  David Eisenhower and moved from post to post for most of her married life.  She carried with her a stick of wood with her favorite colors for décor on it so she could design her homes as she wished and of course, one of those colors was Mamie pink.  
Mamie was one of my favorite first ladies along with Lady Bird Johnson.

 
 

10 comments:

  1. Mamie sure had style, her and Jackie Kennedy. Actually, I liked Melania Trumps style too, smiles. Wishing you a beautiful day. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no - did you find your wedding ring?

    Wise words from Eisenhower.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that you suffer so much pain. I hope it improves and you can walk more. You live in such a lovely place. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome you were able to meet Dwight Eisenhower! I have never even been near a President.
    I love that gown too.
    I know you are in pain. I am so sorry. Was it from dancing? It seems like I read the story years ago. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is so cool that you met Eisenhower and actually talked to him. I'm so sorry you are in pain all of the time. I love pink and that pink gown is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He gave you great advice. Not many can say they got a life's advice from a sitting president.
    Pain can influence so much. I hope it gets better so you can move around. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I'd lost my wedding ring down the toilet last year. I'd taken it off and sat it on the sink to shower and forgot to put it back on. My husband took the sink apart and it wasn't in there so I assumed the cat knocked it into the toilet. I was so happy last fall when we rolled up the living room rug to get rid of it to find the ring under it, clear in the middle. How it got there (the rug was a BIG one) I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello !
    Sorry to have been MIA for so long !
    It is always a breath of fresh air to visit here !
    Thank you !
    Am assembling (and bagging separately) the prepped ingredients only , for a friend's potato salad...no
    matter how I try , it never comes out nearly as good as hers !!
    May you all spend precious time with those you love...who love you !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.