Tuesday, August 20, 2024

More, Tueday 4


Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4..
 Let's jump right into the questions for this week....

1. What are you best known for in your family or among friends?   I am best known for my knowledge of medicine, religion and a lot of general "stuff".  Friends and family will call  and ask about medical stuff.  And It's all the time really.  I am like the help desk.      I am also known for being  candid especially about things that really matter.   

2. Were you popular in school?   I had lots of friends in every strata and I knew everyone in my schools for the most part.     I never bullied mainly I think because I would not tolerate it.    I had all kinds of friends.     I am not sure if that means popular or not.   

3. Would you rather take a drive in the country or shop in town on a day off?     I would love both!    I would like to do one at one time and the other at another time.  That way I would never be stuck in a rut! As a kid my family took Sunday drives to the country. We lived in a tiny town and would drive out to farm country which was not all that far away. New Jersey has more farms and forest than anything else.   We would always stop for ice cream.

A day in town meant other towns like Westfield or Menlo Park and have lunch at Macy's which was Bamberger's  at that time. Lord and Taylor's was out on the highway in the country.  In Elizabeth we would shop at Levy's or Goerkes (Gerks) which sold all the dresses you found in Seventeen  Magazine.      

4. Are you a member of any societies, clubs or associations or were you at any time?  Did you enjoy them?

I was a Brownie and then a girl scout and went all the way to curved bar which is equivalent to an Eagle Scout for boys.   I enjoyed being a Brownie and Girl South a lot!

I was  a Rainbow Girl which is a part of the Masons.  There is Masons for men, Eastern Star for women, Rainbow for girls and DeMolay for boys.   For those who question: No, I am not part of a conspiracy to take over the world.  That would be Pinky and the Brain.    Of course this does not mean I do not want to take over.  I do.   Most assuredly I do but no plans are in the works so rest easy my friends.     For now ....


Happiness Challenge....   It makes me happy to just lie down in bed and fall quickly to sleep.
Sweet peace from the cares of the world ... 

8 comments:

  1. Ha Ha! Pinky and the Brain! I loved that show. As a nurse, I would get medical questions all the time. Now, being retired for 10 years, I tell them that my skills are out of date! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I will call you now instead of checking "WebMD". LOL. One reason also that I don't like to shop is that we really don't have that many nice places to shop near here. We'd have to drive at least an hour for any decent shopping. And Malls seem to be a thing of the past. It's sad to see how they have gone downhill. It used to be fun to go to the Mall and spend a day shopping and eating lunch with a friend. I haven't done that in YEARS!!! I am not familiar with Pinky and the Brain. I guess I'll have to check it out. Thank you for doing this each week. It's fun to see what others think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie: First of all, thanks for another week of questions! I enjoyed reading all your answers and learning a little more about you. I hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss driving in the country with my friend , for photo ops and a meal out and shopping trips with her , as well ! What are TJ Maxx and Home Goods doing without us ???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to the happiness challenge. Loved getting to know you.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.