Saturday, August 31, 2024

Morning Train, Saturday 9

The weekend is here.  I  have been completely oblivious to Labor Day.  After Labor Day kids here in NJ go back to school.  
Most Snowbirds will stay around until October then fly back to Florida, but we do get a lot of vacationers from Canada and Europe as well.
Are you looking forward to autumn?  It doesn't show up until September 21st or so but with all the heat the west and south have experienced I would guess they are all counting the days.
Here is my entry for Sat.9.....
Morning Train (1981) 
Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times thequestions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme! 

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it HERE

1) In this song, Sheena Easton sings about her lover, who takes a train to and from work each day. When is the last time you took public transportation?     Where did you go?
I took public trans (bus and train) to go to work every day.
2) His workday begins at 9 and ends at 5. Do your days stick to a predictable schedule?
Not anymore, no.  They are pretty carefree.
3) In the evening she sings that they may go to a movie, a restaurant or slow dancing ... whatever she wants. Which of those would you choose?
Movie one night, dinner out another perhaps. I wouldn't choose the same thing every time.

4) As a little girl, Sheena Easton performed at family gatherings, not just because she was talented but because she could be a bit of a ham. When you were a kid, were more often shy or outgoing?
I was always very outgoing
5) In the late 1980s she was the spokeswoman for Bally's health clubs. Do you have a gym membership?
No
6) In 1987 she played Sonny Crockett's love interest on Miami Vice. Were you a fan of the show?
No. It was not a program I watched at all.

7) This weekend is a good reason to have a picnic or barbecue. The best-selling barbecue sauce flavors are sweet, spicy, and smoky. What's your favorite?
I really don't use barbecue sauce so I don't have a favorite. I am not that fond of the taste.  My mother made BBQ sauce from ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce ( better known as wash your sister sauce) and brown sugar which she added to white lima beans and bake.
8) Labor Day weekend may offer a golden opportunity for napping and sleeping in. Do you snore?
No one ever told me I do but I think most people do from time to time.
9) Labor Day traditionally marks the beginning of the fall. Will you be adding any new fall clothes to your wardrobe? 
Yes. I need some new shirts.

4 comments:

  1. "Wash your sister"...thanks, I needed that. Have a beautiful day friend, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love your Snoopy meme, Annie. Happy Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from coastal NJ !
    The weather has cooled from 100 degrees , one day this week ,
    to cool nights and maybe a storm tonight !
    My days are basically unscheduled...taking care of the requirements of the moment .
    Hoping all is well with you and yours !

    ReplyDelete
  4. No fall clothes for at least a month. It's going to be in the 100's this week. Typical for So, CA. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.