Sunday, September 1, 2024

Ice Cream

First day of the week. I wonder how this week will be? We can just ask people in Sydney Australia as they are 14 hours ahead of us here on the east coast of America.  So we can get an inkling from them and if they tell us the next 14 hours are rubbish, we can skip them.   
    
  Here is  Sunday Stealing:
1. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?   
Vanilla because I love the flavor and the fact that you can add toppings to it so easily.  Chocolate seems to be most people's favorite but I find it too harsh tasting. Also, chocolate gives migraines.

2. If you could invent a new flavor of ice cream, what would it be?  I couldn't improve on vanilla.  I love the taste and the scent of vanilla.
Vanilla Blossom and beans
I think Pineapple might be a good flavor but I think there is already that flavor.

3. Who do you like to eat ice cream with?
With myself!   

4. If you were a flavor of ice cream, what flavor would you be?
   Vanilla.  It's lovely. 💗 

5. Does your family eat ice cream regularly, or just for a special treat?
Special treat

6. What is your favorite treat from the ice cream truck?
I like the toasted almond bars.


7 Does frozen yogurt taste different than ice cream?
Yes it does. It is not as rich and creamy.
8.  If you could make a super sundae, what would it have?
CMP

Vanilla ice cream, the creamy marshmallow topping, chocolate sauce, peanuts and whipped cream.  In Pennsylvania it's called a CMP
I had my first one somewhere around Plymouth, Pa.  when I was 14.

9. Can ice cream make a bad day better?
Yes it can! So can hot dogs and some potato salad. 

10. Have you ever had homemade ice cream?
I don't think so but I am not too sure.  I think
I did once make some kind of ice cream in an ice cube tray.. but the memory is hazy.  I recall it having a freezer taste to it.  I've had other people's homemade and it was pretty blah even though they boasted about how good it is.

11. When is your favorite time to eat ice cream?
Anytime that I want to have some.

12. What is the best kind of ice cream you ever had?
I always liked Breyers when it was their old pure recipe. Their flavors were very nice.  My mother would send me to the corner drug store to buy a half gallon. She liked butter pecan.
So you say  Pee-Cawn or Pee-Can?

13. Do you prefer your ice cream in a cone or in a bowl?
It doesn't matter. Well, no.. let's see. A cone when I am out.. but a dish at home. Yeah, okay I prefer the dish.

14. Is there such a thing as a bad flavor of ice cream?
Yup. There are a bunch of bad flavors that so many seem to like.

15. They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away.    What does an ice cream a day do?
If it is good ice cream with no horrible deadly crap added to it, it is a good source of calcium and if Vitamin D milk is used, it adds to your intake.

16. Is ice cream better when it’s fresh or slightly melted?
Everything is better fresh.

17, What is the craziest flavor of ice cream you’ve ever seen?
Probably something by Ben and Jerry.
   

9 comments:

  1. We say "Pee-Cawn." The toasted almond bars look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breyer's has good ice cream. I've had some off-brand stuff which was just not worth the calories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pee can here. And I have been buying Publix frozen yogurt --I can't have ice cream. I love Breyers, but again, can't have ice cream (due to health issues i.e. IBS). Right now, I am on a Peach Melba frozen yogurt kick, it's really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well then I will pray about that. Peach Melba frozen yogurt sounds really nice!

      Delete
  4. When we have ice cream, we eat vanilla like Breyer's with only purest ingredients. Ice cream is a treat in our house. Have a great week, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only time ice cream can't lighten a mood , is when there is none in the freezer !
    When Friendly's was around , their Forbidden Chocolate and Godiva Dark Chocolate Chip were lovely ! Now , Haagen-Dazs Double Belgian Chocolate Chip is my treat (also homemade Peach !) . Ahhh , simple pleasures ! Oooo , hot dogs and potato salad ...yummm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness gracious I miss Stealing Sunday too. We started buying Tillamook ice cream. We have some German Chocolate Cake. It is good, very good. I love Haagen Daz too as it is very natural in the flavors.I am like Katy, yum. My late mother-in-law made the best peach homemade ice cream and added fresh Palisade peaches. My sister-in-law Lucy can whip up vanilla ice cream that is divine!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.