Saturday, August 24, 2024

Sh Boom!

Saturday 9.....
Unfamiliar with this week's tune?     Hear it  here.  
1) 70 years ago this month, the Crew Cuts were singing that life could be a dream. When you awaken, can you recall your dreams?
Sometimes, yes but they usually fade pretty quickly.
2) The lead singer refers to his girl as "darling," "sweetheart" and "baby." Have you used an affectionate endearment lately?  If yes, who were you speaking to?
Yes, the Little and the Famous Anonymous.
3) Two members of this Canadian quartet are brothers, born 15 months apart. Do you have siblings? If yes, how close in age are you?
I had 2 half siblings well over 20 years older than me. They never had much use for me and I rarely saw them.
4) A hit in Toronto, the Crew Cuts traveled by car to appear on TV in New York. How are your wheels? Would you give your vehicle a tune up before embarking on a 1,000 mile (500 miles each way) road trip?
You should always check out the car before a road trip.
5) In 54 and 55, they had five Top 10 hits. Then the Crew Cuts fell off the charts. Founding member Rudi Maugeri suspects it's because they were a "teen act" and teenage music tastes can change fast. Who did you listen to when you were in high school? 
The surfing music was popular and Motown was huge.
6) A well-maintained crew cut should be trimmed every 2-4 weeks. Is there an appointment with a hairstylist on your calendar?
Nope, not any time soon.
Let's look at the summer of 1954

7) 70 years ago, Chicago Bears great Walter Payton was born. Today more than 1200 students are enrolled in Chicago's Walter Payton College Preparatory High School. Was your high school named after anyone?
It was named after our town.

8) J.R.R. Tolkien's Fellowship of the Rings was published. It's the first of three volumes in the Lord of the Rings trilogy.    Have you read the books and/or seen the movies?
I didn't read the books but I saw some of the movies.
9) Sports Illustrated was first published. As a special promotion, the premier issue included baseball cards. With the introduction of online communities and trading apps, collecting baseball cards continues to grow in popularity.    Are there any card collectors in your life?
None that I know of.  I had a few baseball cards as a kid but then later on my daughter drew all over them.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great day, Annie. Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wonder about the things from childhood that get ruined or lost. My mother had some Midge dolls (friend of Barbie) that she let me play with and my brother cut all of the doll's hair off. My mother was furious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dropping in for a quick visit...
    Hope you enjoyed the day ! It was such a mild , pretty one !
    Take care !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I can remember my dreams but often they don't make much sense. My doctor told me if I am dreaming that indicates a deep restful sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.