1. August 19th is National Aviation Day...do you like to fly?
I have flown a lot. I flew almost weekly with student pilots from Ohio to NY to NJ in small planes. I have also flown in large prop planes and jets but no I am not a huge fan of flying.
Last time you were on an airplane? It's been a long while.
The date is chosen in honor of the history and development of aviation, and celebrated on the birthday of Orville Wright. Have you ever been to the Kitty Hawk area of North Carolina?
Just in passing through North Carolina.. that's all.
The city of Dayton in Ohio (their birthplace). Not been to Dayton.
2. In what area of your life do you tend to 'wing it'? Probably too many to mention but it usually turns out just fine. One particular area is in cooking. I rarely follow a recipe but things turn out very well I think.
Is this an area you should be winging? Yes. It's an American trait to innovate and wing things.
3. A favorite book, song, or movie that relates to flight in some way? Movie: Top Gun.
4. Soft serve, gelato, sherbet, frozen yogurt, or good old fashioned ice cream...what's your pleasure?
I Like regular ice cream and I like sherbet in punch.Your favorite flavor? Vanilla for ice cream and raspberry for sherbet. At home we often had butter pecan which I also like a lot as well as Cherry vanilla with the big cherry pieces in it.
How often do you indulge? Very rarely.
5. I never get tired of : my family.
6. Insert your own random thought here: The Little is off to the Culinary Institute of America to major in her passion: being a chef. She has already gained a good reputation as a chef working part time in a few places while in high school in the culinary program. She has won a few statewide competitions as well.
A Michelin chef she worked with recommended her for the Institute, whose alumni, Anthony Bourdain is her idol.


Congratulations to the soon-to-be chef! Is she going to the one in NY? I've been there for a tour and lunch and really enjoyed it, plus the setting is gorgeous. I would not love flying in a small plane with a student pilot. I know they have to learn, but no thank you to being a passenger! Enjoy your day!
ReplyDeleteTop Gun! Yes! I forgot about that movie and its sequel, but I loved them!
ReplyDeleteHow cool to fly with the student pilots. I have never been in a plane, the thought terrifies me and even more so in small planes.
ReplyDeleteI think recipes sometime turn out better when we do our own thing.
Congrats to the chef and good luck to her.
Until I read your post, I totally forgot I'd gotten to fly a plane once! And that is so exciting for your kid who is off to the other CIA!!!
ReplyDelete