Friday, April 13, 2018

Exploring with Pictures

Come on, let's look around my house and neighborhood!
In the distance I can hear booms and the ground is shaking from Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst where Marines are doing artillery training this weekend.
The outdoor photos were taken in early summer.
My bedroom door sports a wreath I made from shells I collect.
The pearled ribbon was part of a wedding veil I made. I used the left over for the wreath.

"A home should feed the spirit and senses,too.  Decor is part of that." Annie

"A home without books is a body without soul. " Marcus Tullius Cicero


"Faith is taking the first step when you don't see the whole staircase"Martin Luther King Jr.

"Land is the secure ground of home, the sea is like life, the outside, the unknown". Stephen Gardiner



  "The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever."  Jacques Yves Cousteau

"Fortune brings in some boats which are not steered" William Shakespeare

"Where we love is home...Home that our  feet may leave, but not our hearts." Oliver Wendell Holmes

 "Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." Ralph Waldo Emerson



  " Like as the waves make towards the pebbl'd shore, so do our minutes, hasten to their end." William Shakespeare


 "One swallow does not make a summer, but one skein of geese, cleaving the murk of March thaw, is the Spring." Aldo Leopold


The snow is leaving us now. The icy trees reflected in the water, the fish below show off their colors.

The clouds and the Cedar trees compete;who can make the prettiest reflection? It's a tie!



And now come inside my little house and let's have dinner together. Feeding guests is one of my favorite things in life.

"Some of the most important conversations I've ever had occurred at my family's dinner table."  Bob Ehrlich
Debbie at Friday Foto Friends
Join in here


I am participating in Debbie's Friday Foto Friends and I hope you enjoy seeing these photos.







15 comments:

  1. Every one of your photos are just wonderful! Are you a professional photographer? I also love all the quotes you put with the pictures. The table is beautiful and I am guessing the conversation around your table would be stimulating, yet relaxing.
    My daughter-in-law and I have been talking about decluttering our houses. Your first quote about decor makes me think I will leave my house alone as everything around me does seem to feed my senses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nonnie. No, I am not a professional photographer. I just point and shoot with my little Canon or my Android phone, whichever is handy and I look to capture the best of a scene.

      Delete
  2. I love seeing the beautiful scenery around your home and neighborhood. You do have a knack for getting it just right. And yes, the things we have in our home do tell a story about our lives...I'm afraid my home tells that I just can't let go...but there are so many memories attached... I do love your lovely table setting. Would so love to sit down and enjoy a dinner with you, or a cup of tea, or a snack...anything would be delightful I know. Have a blessed and peaceful weekend. I know you are ready for spring, and so are those goldfish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamela. The fish are up to the surface today eating algae like crazy so they are getting back into the swim of things ;).

      Delete
  3. Is that right, your temp says 84*. It is 65* here....loved the photos Annie. I hope you have a lovely weekend, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More like high 70s. Maybe that temp is from inland more. We are always cooler along the water. I hope your weekend is great too.

      Delete
  4. Your quotes are wonderful and beautifully illustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty wreath. Love that star fish on it. It looks like you live in such a pretty place. Hope you have a really nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to see all your photos both inside and out. You really selected perfect quotations for each and every one. I wish I lived near you so perhaps I could garner a dinner invite ;-) Enjoy your weekend Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing-
    lovely photos,
    lovely quotes,
    lovely,kind-hearted you !
    Be well,friend

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love seeing fotos from your part of the world! The seashell wreath is beautiful! Hope you've had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to see your photos, being a book person I like the quote with the book photo :)

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. The content of your blog is exactly what I needed, I like your blog, I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in traffic density, which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your home, Annie. When I think of the challenges that you deal with and yet you do not allow those challenges to keep you from keeping your home so lovely it inspires me to get busy! Thank you for that. I love the seashell wreath on your bedroom door. I have shells scattered all throughout our home...but especially in the bathroom as it has pictures framed from when we spent a week on the coast of Maine. And you set such a lovely table! It is easy to tell when visiting here just what is important to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great post Love you blog Very very entertaning posts you have shared
    Short Happy Fathers Day Quotes 2018

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.