Sunday, August 19, 2018

Sunday Almost Over,But....

Sunday can be boring I think. I have never particularly liked them.Even as a kid I found them yukky.
But I do like Bev Sykes' Sunday Stealing and so I am joining in!


 Here are the questions for this week....
1: 3 Fears
    Ummm..  I feel it isn't good to give voice to some things.
 

2: 3 things I love
    Chilly days/evenings in autumn,  dinner at the Russian Tea Room, the seashore.
  3 more just cuz I can't stop: Winter snow, The Metropolitan Opera, Mysteries!


3: 4 turns on
   Very masculine men X 4
 

4: 4 turns  off
    stupid people (not stupid because they aren't smart but stupid  because they are one dimensional, refuse to learn etc. I guess you could say willfully stupid.
 

5: My best friend
  Right now it would be  a cup of  nice decaf coffee. In life it was my Grandmother.. hands down, end of story.
 

6: My favorite book
 A Christmas Carol by Dickens has always been my favorite.
  A second runner up is Herodotus' Histories

7: My best first date

    Ummm... a date to the Bronx Zoo. 

8: How tall am I

    Someplace between 5'5 and 5'6. Because of my spine I don't know for sure. Last time I was 5'53/4 but according to my orthopedic surgeon and I have small bones for my height and should have probably been somewhere about 5'1". 
 

9: What do I miss
   Garfield,  being able to hike, ride a horse, play athletic games, bowl, archery.. lots of things.

10: What time was I born

      5:20 AM in a snowstorm on a Tuesday morning
I am a Sagittarian with Sagittarius rising. Double whammy there.

11: Favorite color

Varies. I like yellow, purple, green, blue.

12: Do I have a crush

  I do not.   

13: Favorite quote (underlined below in context)

  "Spirit," said Scrooge, with an interest he had never felt before, "tell me if Tiny Tim will live."
  "I see a vacant seat," replied the Ghost, "in the poor chimney corner, and a crutch without an owner, carefully preserved. If these shadows remain unaltered by the Future, the child will die."
    "No, no," said Scrooge. "Oh no, kind Spirit! say he will be spared."
    "If these shadows remain unaltered by the Future, none other of my race," returned the Ghost, "will find him here. What then? If he be like to die, he had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."
    Scrooge hung his head to hear his own words quoted by the Spirit, and was overcome with penitence and grief.
    "Man," said the Ghost, "if man you be in heart, not adamant, forbear that wicked cant until you have discovered What the surplus is, and Where it is. Will you decide what men shall live, what men shall die? It may be, that in the sight of Heaven, you are more worthless and less fit to live than millions like this poor man's child. Oh God! to hear the Insect on the leaf pronouncing on the too much life among his hungry brothers in the dust."


14: Favorite place
Wherever there are nice people.

15: Favorite food

I like German, Russian, Mexican, Italian and Greek foods. But I do have to say I am rather fond of salt free potato chips.


16: Do I use sarcasm

Yes.  It is just one of the many services that I offer.

17: What am I listening to right now

      Boats on the water

18: First thing I notice in new person

       Their personality

19: Eye color

          Green

20: Hair color

       Blonde 

9 comments:

  1. How neat you also have green eyes! Oh wow! You are listening to boats on the water. That sounds so relaxing! I just love reading about where you live. Sounds like a little peace of heaven. Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud at a couple of your responses! We sound very much alike. "A Christmas Carol" is also one of my favorites. If I don't read that at sometime during the Christmas season, it just isn't Christmas! My height varies - I'm down as 5'3" but I really thing it's 5'2". I also love sarcasm and use it frequently. I just have to be careful because some people just don't appreciate it. My favorite magazine as a teenager was MAD magazine. That speaks for itself! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green eyes and (once) blonde hair here too, and I was born on a Tuesday early morning during a blizzard in December. Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, is right!!! Who are you really.. my long lost twin?

      Delete
  4. {{{giggling}}} #'s 4 and 16. smiles

    You probably would run to the hills if you and I ever met in person, some say I have a very large personality, but don't listen to the husband, LOLOLOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to go where there are nice people too, not many around these days. Your answer to #16 made me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Annie, I enjoyed your post. I Just checked what time I was born 4:45am on a hot summer day. My mom and grandma had green eyes too. I have to watch The Christmas Carol every year. I remember my 7th grade English teaching reading Great Expectations to us. I enjoyed her southern accent and she made it so lively. She would read and then we would go home and read. I think I will have to do these questions at my blog. I just uploaded several pictures. Come and visit. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post . Keep commenting in my blog because I love your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your answers Annie especial #3 and #16. You always make my day smiling when I show up here. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.