Friday, September 7, 2018

Another Day...



The entire South American continent was displaced by a number of quakes. The entire ring of fire is moving and, well,  keep your eyes peeled on this stuff especially in Alaska. Watch for 7-10 days. Be careful in the Northwest as well. Things are troubling. Please don't ignore this.
See Dutchsinse for more info from 31:00 on in the video.

Friday is here already after a long humid and hot week.

It is time to share some photos from Friday Foto Friends and Skywatch Friday too.
If you haven't joined in, I encourage you to do just that. It is so much fun to see what people photograph or what photos they find to share. It's a nice way to meet other bloggers too.

In the kitchen/dining area I put up a General Store sign. I kind of like it a lot.


You can see the Boston sign too.
I have a thing for Boston since I am a Spenser for Hire/Jesse Stone fan.  I love Robert Parker's mysteries since I like books from the male point of view and things that get to the point.    Parker gets to the point ,says what he has to say and moves on.
Early Autumn is probably my favorite in the series. Read it almost 10 times. I like male authors more than female. Men are just better writers than women in my opinion. Don't judge me. 😛

Crystals hang in my kitchen window and line the window sill.I hang them inside and outside the house like Pollyanna did. My kitchen window needs replacing.



They leave Rainbows all over the place in the morning sun.



 Outside, the crazy Black Eyed Susans are growing so nicely.


 Aritha asked about my Puma running shoes. Here they are on the dock a bit sand covered as usual. Sand inside them too but baby powder takes it off quickly. I have little feet but they get me where I want to go and that is what counts.


Here is my view from the dock. From here I can wave to Brazil.  Yup, New Jersey is directly across from Brazil.. who'd a thunk it, but there you have it, it is true.
This article says,  "If you got in the water at 30th Street in Ocean City,(NJ) and swam out in a straight line, eventually you'd hit not Europe, but South America! Brazil, to be more specific."
The Mercator map you know from school is all wrong.. ALL wrong! Look into it sometime.

the barrier island is straight ahead of me

  Here is a view from the front of the house looking westward as I wave Hi to my friends out west.


Here is a world map with a more accurate perspective on where you are in the world.
You can enlarge it by clicking to see better.


 Take care of yourselves.

17 comments:

  1. I like your shoes! They look like my daughter's shoes! She wears them to school. When I am on the coast of the Netherlands, I know that England is on the other side of the sea. I think I should go over the Northsea to the coast of Scotland? Or maybe Ireland when I want to wave to you :-)

    Your "diamond" are great. It is special to me that you also have them. My dying mother gave three to my son, two years ago. Because he always looked fascinated to them, when he was a little boy. My mother loved things that sparkled in the sunlight and my son also like it. So, I now see them in my son's bedroom (14).

    Love your blog always. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post. I got excited about the prisms. I am one of the biggest Pollyanna fans ever. I quote lines from the movie all the time and get told I am a Pollyanna because of my positive attitude on everything. It was exciting to "meet" somebody else who can talk about Pollyanna and prisms and no what it means. I want to snuggle in the chair with the gray throw and read a book. Wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your General Store sign...that would suit me to a T, but somehow I never pictured it for something you would like...Now I have to rethink my image of you! You are more like me than I realized! :) Love the crystals in the window. I will have to read Pollyanna and find out why...it's been a while since I heard about that story. You can get to Brazil by going straight from NJ? I have to look that up. That does blow my mind...and what's the thing about the earthquake in S.A., etc.? I have to look that up as well. Some things to think about today. Glad your shoes are PUMA and not Nike today. LOL. Have a blessed and beautiful day...enjoy the beauty of God's sea and land around you. Thank you for your sweet comments on my "dream house" blog from yesterday. That blessed me. And you can have beans and cornbread w/o the ham anytime!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Annie, Love the sign and your mantel clock. The crystals are beautiful in the window and I learned something new again. Who knew that Brazil is directly across from Jersey!! That's a new WOW for me.. Your photos are always so special. Have a day of blessings dear Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love to get a peek inside your home! The crystals in the window are magical. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around where Brazil is in relation to NJ! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will place a map on this post and in Facebook to show where Brazil is in relation to the USA on a real map..not the Mercator most learned in school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your wall with the sign and the clock underneath. Beautiful colored sky too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for always enlightening us and being so very welcoming !
    Have a wonderful , comfortable day , my friend !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Annie! Thanks for visiting my blog recently! I enjoyed seeing your photos today and your map of the world is pretty interesting! I enjoyed reading your post!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have a clock like that, but it is only right twice a day! I love all your photos and the fun information. I'm waving back at'cha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. my clock stopped working a while back and it was a long time before I figured out to oil the insides and the chimes with some mechanical lube oil. Now its perfect again :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always learn something when I come here to visit, Annie. I love your display in the kitchen/dining area! The General Store sign is very nice...and I also like that bunny to the left of it. :) I don't own any crystals as such, but I do enjoy the prisms of light that the sun brings my way. I always take time to stop and enjoy them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a very cool general store sign. Pretty bizarre and interesting about Brazil!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always enjoy our posts, smiles. (I'm trying to play catch up on the blogs)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely collection of captures . Please tell something about my latest post " old and damage " .

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great article..I am looking so forward to your blogcomment and
    I love your page on your post.. That is so pretty..
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.