Sunday, September 16, 2018

Questions on Sunday.

Today is sunny,78F, pleasant day and here I am joining in once again for  Bev Sykes' Sunday Stealing


 1. Do you ever doubt the existence of others than you?
 No, not at all.  I am absolutely sure others exist!

2. On a scale of 1-5, how afraid of the dark are you?
This answer would vary according to where I am and who is with me. I am brave for those who are not as strong, etc.
 But not too afraid really. Other places, not so much. If I am with someone, maybe a 1.

3. The person you would never want to meet?
  Well, have met them but would love to avoid  malignant narcissists or psychopaths.

4. What is your favorite word?
Well I am not sure that I have one or at least nothing comes to mind. Oh, well. wait, maybe tintinabulation, which means a ringing or tinkling of little bells and is found in the first stanza of the Edgar Allen Poe poem, The Bells.
     Hear the sledges with the bells—
     Silver bells!
What a world of merriment their melody foretells!
        How they tinkle, tinkle, tinkle,
           In the icy air of night!
        While the stars that oversprinkle
        All the heavens, seem to twinkle
           With a crystalline delight;
         Keeping time, time, time,
         In a sort of Runic rhyme,
To the tintinabulation that so musically wells
       From the bells, bells, bells, bells,
          Bells, bells, bells—
  From the jingling and the tinkling of the bells.

5. If you were a type of tree, what would you be?
I would be an Japanese cut leaf Maple or a Sugar Maple

6. When you looked in the mirror this morning what was the first thing you thought?
I haven't looked in a mirror yet today. I just washed my face and left the room.

7. What shirt are you wearing?
A Cinderella shirt from the Little's 4th grade play this year. It says, Run like it's midnight!

8. What do you label yourself as?
I don't label myself. I hate labels and I hate putting people in boxes or categories. I think there is too much of that garbage going on now. It's sick.

9. Bright room or dark room?
Depends on the situation.

10. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Watching a YouTube video on archaeology.

11. Favorite age you’ve been so far?
16.

12. Who told you they loved you last?
My daughter.

13. Your worst enemy?
Anyone's worst enemy is themselves. God says that a man who conquers himself is mightier than a man who conquers a city. It was one of my father's favorite quotes and is implanted firmly in my mind.  You are your own worst enemy if you fail to conquer yourself.

14. What is your current desktop picture?
 My painting of me and my dog .  Brandy passed away at age 15, in 2009.


15. Do you like someone?
I like a whole lot of someones!

16. The last song you listened to?
Bob Marley song remix. A very happy song.
 You can hear it on this video of my area. :)


17. You can press a button that will make any one person explode. Who would you blow up?
No one.

18. Who would you really like to just punch in the face?
No one.  It is useless to hurt someone. The only thing I want from people is repentance, real repentance for bad things. Real change and for them to know how others felt when they did wrong.

19. If anyone could be your slave for a day, who would it be and what would they have to do?
No one and nothing.

20. What is your best physical attribute? (showing said attribute is optional)
Legs my friends always said.

21. If you were the opposite sex for one day, what would you look like and what would you do?
I would look like my father and probably be 6 ft tall like he and my brother. (I am 5'6")
 What would I do? I would be a good man.

22. Do you have a secret talent? If yes, what is it?
Nothing secret. Any talent I have is out in the open.

23. What is one unique thing you’re afraid of?
Haven't got a clue.

24. You can only have one kind of sandwich. Every sandwich ingredient known to humankind is at your disposal.
Tuna salad with wild solid white albacore tuna, Heinz Mayonnaise, imported Italian balsamic vinegar, chopped red or Vidalia onion, finely chopped celery, cracked pepper and some dill on a nice toasted bread.

25. You just found $100! How are you going to spend it?
First, it depends on where I find it and whether or not it might belong to someone. If its money I forgot about, I will put it in my wallet.

26. You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere in the world, but you have to leave immediately. Where are you going to go?
For years it was  Bora Bora in the Tahitian islands, but now I don't care.
Now it would be going back to Utah where I lived for a long while. I miss the dry air and family there. Might love Montana too :).

27. An angel appears out of Heaven and offers you a lifetime supply of the alcoholic beverage of your choice. “Be brand-specific” it says.
" Benedictine made by Benedictine Monks", I replied.


28. You discover a beautiful island upon which you may build your own society. You make the rules. What is the first rule you put into place?
Rule 1: I am absolute dictator. Behave or you are off the island.

29. What is your favorite expletive?
 Don't have one. My first words as a  baby, however, were  "dam it, Bessie"(as heard from my grandfather who thought my grandmother had hurt herself badly.. don't worry, she was okay but he was frantic and I just repeated it.)

30. Your house is on fire. You have just enough time to run in there and grab ONE inanimate object. Don’t worry, your loved ones and pets have already made it out safely. So what’s the one thing you’re going to save from that blazing inferno?
Photos of my children.



14 comments:

  1. Tintinnabulation is a great word. I think I've only ever seen it used in that poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie! Dam it, Bessie cracks me up! I also love the picture of you and Brandy you did! Gorgeous! I loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little one's first words...out of the blue and with no known explanation...
    were "Eat bricks " !!!!! Who knew ?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we lost everything in the EF 5 tornado years ago, photos is what I took (made sure they were wrapped in baggies--there was a few days notice prior) and we made sure important papers too....anyways, al ways a pleasure to visit here. Smiles.😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! We are both 6 feet tall and look like our dads. I enjoyed this weeks questions and your answers, many of which were very similar to mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, my Dad was 6 feet tall, I am 5'6", but if I was a man I'd probably look like him, my brother certainly did and he was also 6 feet like my father.

      Delete
  6. I learned a new word, Tintinnabulation, now I need to learn how to pronounce it! The painting of you and Brandy touched my heart, I lost my Willie Dog a few years ago, he was so precious to me. He also passed away in 2009. Enjoyed all your answers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tin-tin-ab-you-layshun.
      I am glad you like my picture of Brandy and me.. I miss her even now.

      Delete
  7. Love the painting of you and your sweet doggie. That one is a treasure. love the big word, which I won't try to spell here now, as I would have to look back at it...but I do remember hearing it and using it at one time or another in my life. I was a spelling bee champ in 8th grade, so that's probably when I heard it last, and may have even spelled it correctly. I'm too lazy now. Ha !! I need to get that list of words back and try and see how many I can still spell. I loved your answers. I wasn't crazy about the questions, however. Too dark. Sorry. Not your fault. I hope you have had a pleasant and beautiful day. Sundays are for rest, worship, and friends. Thank you for being one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup in agreement on the questions. But it gives a chance to answer in another way.
      Brandy was either a flat coat retriever or a black lab/setter mix. She was a wonderful little girl.

      Delete
  8. Enjoyed all your answers Annie. I would agree on them all. The one that made me chuckle was #28 Rule 1 for I would be the same. LOL I used to read a lot of Poe but had forgotten the word Tintinnabulation. Love your Me and Brandy painting, I love everything you draw and paint. Have a blessed day dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed your answers! Such an interesting variety of questions here. It would take some thinking on my part to answer them. I do like your desk top but then I always think your art is lovely! Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A mapple tree. So funny. I think I choose a orange tree. I enjoy all your answers.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.