Sunday, October 28, 2018

Questions on Sunday

On this dark and drizzly first day of the week I am participating in Sunday Stealing!
You can too, if you want, by clicking the logo.


   1. What is on your mind right now?
Thinking of eating my tomato sandwich on a toasted  super thin bagel and that my coffee is too cool and whether or not I want to go reheat it! And, I do.....   and now I did...I ate the sandwich and heated up the Pumpkin Latte and all is right with the universe once again!
It was a treat. I have run out of groceries and need to shop, so I had to have bread, a thing I rarely if ever eat at all, though I love it. My carb intake is extremely low and I avoid breads and pastas like the plague.


    2. Do you know anyone who has attended Harvard University?
     Yes, I know lots of anyones who attended Harvard.
 

    3. How many books are in the room you’re in?
             About 400 or so.
  
  4. Do you save at least 15 percent of your income?
     Yes, I do but more like 10%.





5. When was the last time you had a rainy day spent at home?

Looks like today will be that day. It is a drizzly, dark and chilly day and I have no place to go.

 6. When was the last time you stayed home from school/work?
     I work every day even when I am feeling bad. I work from home.



 7. Do you write “yes” or “no” answers to surveys or do you explain more?   I write more if it is appropriate to do so.

 fav pajamas


    8. Is there any type of medicine you can’t take? For what reason?
Yes, because I am very allergic to it.

    9. Do you have a favorite pair of pajamas? What do they look like?
      My pajamas are usually  tap-style shorts and a tank or Tee shirt. My favorite shorts are two pairs: one is athletic gray with design on it and the other black with cats on it.



10. Would you rather have potato or chicken noodle soup if you had to?
Potato soup, hands down. I like chicken noodle, but I love potato soup :).
  
    11. Do you believe that when a person appears in your dreams, that person wants to see you?
   I never thought about it, but I guess no. I do know that when I begin to think of a person a lot
they will call and if I begin to feel badly about a person they are going to die and that has never failed.

  

My mother's Nursing School Graduation photo



 12. When’s the last time you saw your mom?
          October 11, 1997.
         It was Yom Kippur so easy enough to recall the exact day.
   
   

13. What is one food you could eat for a month, straight, and not get sick of?
          Tomato sandwiches on toast like I had today.  My carb intake is low as I said, but I love bread and would eat it all the time if I could.
  

 14. Have you ever spray painted something about your love somewhere?
No. I have, however, spray painted men in Central Park who exposed themselves to us girls on school trips. DayGlo paint!  One fellow told me that we should have used a pepper spray.




   15 Do you live in a town where basically everyone knows everyone else?
 I grew up in a town like that which was a  'bedroom' town for people who worked in New York City.  Today my town is huge in square area, but it is a shore town consisting of many little villages along Barnegat Bay. Our summer population is large, winter not so much. But the whole township is
Area: 56 mi much of it water and forest including ocean front property.
Population: 41,747 (2017)
while my hometown was just  1 mile square and 10,000.


Today's Public Soap Box



My old hometown recently was required to remove a memorial to veterans because it contained a Christian cross on it.
The lawsuit was settled and the image removed, unfortunately.
The article said, in part:

 "Under terms of settlement of a federal lawsuit challenging the placement of a veterans’ display that features a Christian cross, officials in Roselle Park, New Jersey, have agreed to refrain from erecting the display or similar displays in the future. Leaders at the American Humanist Association (AHA), which brought the suit on behalf of two local residents, say this settlement protects the separation of church and state.

“This is a victory for the Constitution and for veterans of many faiths, and none at all, who served our country proudly and deserve to have a memorial that respects everyone,” said Roy Speckhardt, executive director of the American Humanist Association. "
Well, respects everyone except Christians, that is.And it certainly does not respect the Constitution as envisioned by the founding fathers of the nation.
I hate to burst bubbles, but, there is NOTHING in the Constitution about so-called separation of church and state.
That is a fiction that has been elaborated on through the years to push an agenda that is decidedly anti-Christian.
The idea came from a vague quote by someone, Jefferson perhaps, but has no basis really for what it has become.
The Constitution states that government cannot mandate a state religion or require you to take part in one, etc. Also the government cannot outlaw your religion and your freedom to participate in it.
Now think that over.. when that cross was removed, the man who erected it and the town had their religious rights taken away for the sake of a small minority (2 complained). Their religious right to show a cross was  OUTLAWED.  That IS a violation of the Constitution.
If you fail to speak up when these outrages occur, don't be surprised to find your religious freedom and your freedom of speech gone very quickly.

7 comments:

  1. I agree with your last answer 100%. This was a good Sunday Stealing and I enjoyed your answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so frustrated with these so called "separation of Church and state" legalists who are destroying our nation one cross at a time. I enjoyed your post. The tomato and toast sandwich sounds delicious. Wish I'd thought of that today. I would add lettuce. Your mother was very pretty. I expect you look a lot like her. 400 or so books in your room? Wow. I am narrowing down my collection of books in preparation for moving. I mostly read library books now and do not purchase any new books if I can help it (unless they are written by people I personally know). I hate to give away books, but I am learning to let go of many things as I am trying desperately to downsize. Not easy at all for this collector who came by it genetically. LOL. I like potato soup (homemade), but when I am feeling the least bit puny I go for the chicken noodle. Again, homemade if I feel up to it, but I am not opposed to opening a can of Campbells Chicken Noodle soup and eating the whole can (diluted of course) myself. It really seems to help when I feel puny. I know, I know...the sodium, etc., but I still like it and it does help. Okay, that's it. Loved your post. Hope you have enjoyed your day. It was sunny and cool and breezy here today. Feels like fall finally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie, I am participating in Sunday Stealing this week. Wow 400 books. I probably had around 300 at one time but have downsized. Hubby is making chicken soup now as I write this. Have a great week. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Monday Annie, I know..a day late LOL! Enjoyed this Sunday Stealing i'm only sorry I didn't participate in it. My favorite my favorite would be a toasted onion bagel with cream cheese and tomato along with a cup of coffee of course. I can't get over the 400 books! Almost like your own personal library. I'm only carrying 100 right now, the most I ever had with not having a good space was 200. I usually get mine from the library. Potato soup over Chicken noodle anytime for me too. Your mom was a beautiful lady and I bet you resemble her. Have a day of blessings dear Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We homeschooled under that statue; separation of church and state...I agree with your last statement. Love your answers, Annie...still rainy and dark here too, Fall is upon us. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your answers today! My mother made wonderful potato soup but my favorite is still chicken noodle. A lovely photo of your mom. She was so pretty. I'm beginning a lower carb diet to try to get my blood sugars in shape and get off some medication. It won't be really low carb though. Have a great week, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific post...interesting answers...thought provoking , as usual...thank you !
    I enjoy my own potato soup...slightly chunky , creamy , buttery , thick and yummy !
    Hungry for it now , but not a potato in the house...sigh...
    Be well , my friend

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.