Friday, February 15, 2019

Friday



Sunny skies would fool you into thinking winter was finished but more stormy weather is on the way. Actually, the closer spring comes the worse the weather becomes and I seem to be the only one who notices that year to year. Each year we have heavy winds and bad stormy weather as the earth moves into her spring time orbit, the vernal equinox. It is a volatile time of year.
Temperatures vary greatly swinging up and spiraling down, winds are out of control and it isn't unusual to have a good snow storm on the first day of Spring. Each season is 3 months long and I prefer to enjoy them as they come rather than sit around wishing life away or always wishing for something else to be so rather than what is.
Here are some photos for Friday Foto Friends and Skywatch Friday
Since it is the last Friday Foto Friends, I hope someone else picks up the tradition. It is a nice one and sad to see it end.
All photos enlarge and are taken right here in my neighborhood.






8 comments:

  1. I so love your seaside photos... Since you have access to such wonderful critters nearby you might like to join Eileen here..https://viewingnaturewitheileen.blogspot.com/ for Saturday Critters... There are folks from all over the world who share wonderful photos...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your seaside photos too. And I do notice the change over to spring being volatile, no matter where we live. The south gets a lot of storms...especially in the tornado alley of the country. We get some rainstorms here and sometimes they can be very bad thunderstorms/lightning, etc. Today it is warm and spring like, but the last two mornings had us pulling up the extra blankets and glad we still had the heat on. This afternoon we may need to switch back to the AC. There is rarely much in between. I do hope someone will pick up the Friday Foto Friends linky. I would, but am thinking if we are going to sell this house anytime soon I need to be careful what extra things I take on. I tend to be forgetful when I get over-stressed. I will truly miss this weekly gathering, however. It's like a gathering of dear friends...
    Have a wonderful weekend. Hope you are doing well. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting the beach with you is one of my favorite things - love the blue sky and the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be wonderful if someone else would start doing the FFF. It wasn't an easy decision to make. Thank you for being faithful to link up each Friday. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty shots. Regardless of the season, the beach always has hidden beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE YOUR NEW HEADER!!!!! (sorry for shouting, lol)--your photos are lovely, my friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely header...lovely photos !
    Always feel better when close to the shore...wonderful scents , sights and sounds .
    Thank you , my friend !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.