Saturday, February 16, 2019

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: Valentine (1993)




Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


This song was specially chosen for the Saturday 9 closest to Valentine's Day.

1) This is a love song written by Willie Nelson for his young son. Have you sent any Valentines this year to someone you love who isn't a romantic partner?

No, I never sent valentines to anyone and no one sends them to me either.

2) Today that little boy, Lukas, is a singer/songwriter who wrote eight of the songs for the 2018 A Star Is Born soundtrack. Have you seen the Bradley Cooper/Lady Gaga big screen romance?

No, have not seen that.

3) On Valentine's Day in 1876, Alexander Graham Bell patented the first telephone. Who did you most recently speak to on the phone?
A friend and texted with family member.


4) Penicillin was also introduced on Valentine's Day (in 1929). When you get a shot, do you look away when the needle touches your skin?

 I watch to be sure it's done properly.

5) According to legend, a gift of red roses signifies love and romance. When did you last purchase flowers or plants? Did you buy them for yourself, or someone else?

I bought flowers for my yard last year.
The only time I received roses was from my then mother in law when my baby passed away.


6) This week's artist, Willie Nelson, can trace his family tree back to the Revolutionary War. Captain John Nelson served with the Minutemen back in 1776. If you could go back in time to witness any great moment in American history, which would you choose?

I suppose the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

7) Before he became a musical success, Willie was a door-to-door salesman, peddling first Bibles, then vacuum cleaners. INC magazine tells us that the traits of successful salespeople include resilience and good listening skills. Do you think you'd make a good sales person?

I was an okay sales person I suppose. Nothing special.

8) In 1993, when this song came out, Saved by the Bell aired its series finale. Crazy Sam likes to tease her brother because he once admitted to her that he has seen all 86 episodes of this teen sitcom. Is there a show that you believe you've seen every episode?

Seen all of Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars and Lost.

9) Random question -- We're having milkshakes! What's your favorite flavor?
  I don't care for milkshakes. If I had to have one, it would be vanilla.
I want an ice cream soda, chocolate with 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream. I also want a hamburger and Pizza fries (french fries with Italian sauce and mozzarella melted on top).

Tomorrow is Sunday Stealing.. be there or be square.

8 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to binge on Pretty Little Liars! It's available OnDemand and it sounds like great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never get into Lost. Pretty Little Liars was the best! Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the generation gap shows a lot between us on our answers... Especially about tv shows. hehehe Have a grand weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pizza fries sound amazing! Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. An OK sales person. Hmm. Now I am curious about that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm....it's coming up on supper time here and those pizza fries are sounding pretty good right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to come back...always a warm welcome and interesting topics !
    Be well , my friend !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.