Monday, March 4, 2019

TV and Rainbows

Hello friends.
Though the day today was sunny, it was cold and will become colder still later Monday night as I am writing this. Tomorrow, Tuesday will be very cold! But never fear. I like the cold weather. It makes me feel alive and invigorated.

 My kitchen  was filled with rainbows today. I bought a big round faceted crystal ball that I put on the window sill and there were rainbows for hours on every single surface of the room. I have other crystals but this one trumps them all. A true mega-rainbow maker.
I bought myself a large fountain for my office. It isn't the one I wanted, but it is pretty and looks nice. I will post photos on Friday for the Friday Foto Friends hangers on.
I am also joining in with Toni's Tuesday 4 meme. Makes blogging so simple and I do like having to think about the answers.


1. Name a TV show you can, and do, quote from:
I don't watch enough television to know the dialog well enough to quote anything.
I quote from Moonstruck , the movie, though and I think anyone who has seen the movie and comes from  metropolitan New York area,New Jersey or even Philly  knows what I am talking about. The dialog is so us. Whether you are Italian or Irish or not, in these areas you are by association, 100 % and you can relate to the movie and the dialog very well.

2. Name a TV show you like that no one else enjoys: 
I always loved the program City Confidential on old A&E narrated by Paul Winfield, and later Keith  David . They made every episode really engaging.

3. Name a TV show which you've been known to sing the theme song:The Greatest American Hero.

4. Name a TV show you would recommend everyone to watch: 
Well, I was enjoying Riverdale. Now that Luke Perry has passed away, it will be interesting to see
how they replace him. He did such a good job as the father and was such a genuine person. He starred in 90210 back in the day, another series I enjoyed.
 Riverdale is based, very loosely, on Archie Comics. It is not a funny show but drama and mystery. I have only seen Riverdale on Netflix so far. 
I would recommend Miss Fisher Murder Mystery.. also on Netflix as it has gone off the air but, some might find the sex objectionable.
I don't watch anything else though I have thought of perhaps beginning to watch Blue Bloods since I like the acting of Tom Selleck and Donnie Walberg.

See you again tomorrow.....


7 comments:

  1. That was a big surprise to read that Luke Perry passed away. He was only 52 years old and yet I still think of him as a high school kid in 90210. Blue Bloods is a favorite of mine and I never miss it. I think you'll like it. I had forgotten the show City Confidential on the old A&E station. I used to watch Poirot and Miss Marple on that station too. Have a blessed day ahead dear Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greatest American Hero....oh my what a blast from the past... love that song! And I am sad about the passing of Luke Perry... I so had a crush on him since the 90's from 90210. It will be interesting to see what they do with Riverdale.. I have yet to watch season 3, (I forgot it started back up.. so will have to catch it on Netflix). Love Blue Bloods! Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy Tom Selleck too and watch Blue Bloods on occasion. Hope you're doing well and staying warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad about Luke Perry.
    I loved Greatest American Hero! Loved your answers! Enjoy the rest of the week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I enjoy reading your post guys,,, just keep posting. Beach Pictures
    "

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know anything about any of the shows you mentioned...and I guess I was too old when 90210 was popular, so I never knew Luke Perry. So sad that he has been taken at such a "young" age. (52 is young to me). He's not much older than my oldest son. Anyway, I enjoyed reading this even though it mostly greek to me! LOL. I guess I'm really out of touch since I don't watch much TV at all except for a few favorite DIY and HGTV shows. I mostly read for entertainment. Old man winter actually came back to FLorida for a few days! We were surprised yesterday to not get out of the low 50's, and this morning it is down to 35 or so...but the sun is shining and hopefully it will warm up as the day goes by. Spring is trying its best to make an appearance...it will eventually...but in the meantime, enjoy your chilly days and crystal rainbows! I know those are delightful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never did watch 90210 but I did know who Luke Perry was. Wasn't he also in a movie about a rodeo? I seem to remember that. I used to enjoy the cold weather when I lived in Florida but this year here in TN, it's been brutal. I think because it has been coupled with all the rain.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.