Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Weather or Not.. & Tuesday 4

May can have just as volatile weather as April. It is spring after all and the weather is changeable. Yesterday was hot and today is chilly and rainy. No fan of heat, I am a happy little clam today.
from the back porch looking down.
The rain this spring has made the yard a super green jungle with Wisteria and white beach roses taking over everything.  One Wisteria is growing beautifully across the remnant of a homemade awning on my back porch. Another is arched like a canopy across the big pond. And there are others growing too and wending their way back into the woods behind me.

The white Rugosa or Beach Rose is enormous at well over 15 feet high and perhaps as much as 20 feet in diameter. Another one is growing up the side of the house.   I am a happy camper with all that greenery.  The Beach Rose is native to the seashore and comes in red, pink or white. I didn't plant them,they are wild along the shoreline. In autumn they have their rose hips which are rich in vitamin C. 
A Leprechaun visitor in the window box!
You can see the net over the big pond which I will remove shortly. I had a problem with huge herons eating my 20 year old fish. I am hoping Mr. Crocodile/Alligator will keep them away.  I am also looking to buy a big heron statue to place there as they are territorial.
 Photos can be enlarged full size by clicking on them.

Now on with the show. Time for Toni's weekly meme.... Are you joining us this week?


Your Brand Is Showing

1.   Food: ~ Do you buy brand names or go for the cheaper store name brand?
I go for brand names as store names are not usually grade A foods.  Now, it does depend on what the item is and some things I don't mind being store or off brand.  Over all,though, I prefer the taste and quality of brand names that are tried and true.

2.   Clothes: ~ Wear designer jeans/slacks with a brand name or regular department store jeans/slacks? 
 Levi's or Lee are my jean choice.  But I also wear clothing from other brands and buy cheaper leggings from Walmart. They look nice, fit well and are warm in winter. They can be worn under other clothing on the coldest days.  When I was in school we had to wear skirts and we were allowed to put pants under them on the coldest of days.

3.   Handbags: ~ Buy a designer bag or look for a less expensive copy?
I buy designer bags that I get from TJ Maxx at a deeply discounted price. I would never pay more than $40 US for a bag, however.  Most of my bags are discount buys at around $25 -$30 at TJ Maxx.  


4.   Shoes: ~ You got the drift, designer or a cheaper copy?
I wear good shoes. Because I was born disabled, was cured and now am disabled again, good shoes are important for your spinal health. When I was little my shoes were hand made for me by Crisanti Shoe Hospital. I wore orthopedic shoes for the first few years of my life.


 I don't have a lot of money though, so I buy  shoes that are  discounted at TJ Maxx  or Marshall's.   I find Coach shoes, Puma sneakers, to be the most comfortable.  All my shoes are by high end designers, but I don't pay more than $30 for a pair.
I have shoes by Coach, Anne Klein, Puma, Bass Weejun Sperry, Tommy Hilfiger, Michael Kors, etc.  They fit well, don't need breaking in and comfort my spine when I walk, all very important to me . 

5 comments:

  1. Loved your photos...that alligator in the yard is very realistic!! Hope it helps keep the heron away. The little Leprechaun bare behind is so cute. Gave me a giggle. Your yard looks lush and beautiful. Ours started out that way, and then May was so dry and hot, everything is struggling to survive. I try to water, but the heat is unbearable right now. Regarding the name brand items, etc., I tend to go either way, depending on the item. Shoes I prefer name brands, but I don't wear fancy shoes. I where Skechers all during the week, and then something dressy for Sunday morning, but not any longer than absolutly necessary. I love comfort. Bags? I am a one bag person, except on Sunday I carry a bag to coordinate with the shoes///black, navy, or tan. But I hate changing purses very often...so tend to just keep it simple use what I find comfortable and useful. I don't like to spend money. But where we live is not a fashionable place...the bears and deer and birds don't care what I carry.. LOL. Have a blessed day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, like you, have a hard time finding comfy shoes.. I find discounted Skechers and Clarks at Hamricks.. to be comfortable on my pitiable feet..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all about finding comfortable shoes and I will even spend a little more for them if they will last. I am going to check into the Puma sneakers. My feet give me fits. Loved your answers! Have a nice Tuesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. $40 is my limit for bags as well! Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the specials plants! Interesting to read about them (beach Rose)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.