Friday, June 28, 2019

Sky Watch Friday.. and more

I post mostly photos of the sea and the area around me by the bay.. but there is sky in them for sure.
I am posting for SkyWatch Friday. Join in if you wish.
The sky is ever changing no matter where you live. Living by the sea is no different except that there is a broader vista to the sky, fresh salty air and the sound of sea birds overheard.
All these photos are taken in my neighborhood. 

The sea is emotion incarnate   ―Christopher Paolini

"The sky was boiling pink. The birds didn't seem to mind it" ― Annie

This one was taken in the fall when the phragmites turns golden and brown.

The sky broke like an egg into full sunset and the water caught fire.  ― Pamela Hansford Johnson

"The sky slips  into her red evening garment . then she put the lights out. "―Annie
The sky takes on shades of orange during sunrise and sunset, the colour that gives you hope that the sun will set only to rise again. Ram Charan
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/sunset
Tomorrow is Saturday 9. Join me...



6 comments:

  1. Oh, you really got some wonderful pics of the skies this week! Love those, esp. the sunrise/sunsets...and the quotes along with them really make you take notice and see what you are seeing...excellent! I like the last one about the sky dipping into her red evening garment and then putting the lights out! Very good! And then the other about the sky broke like an egg...all such great thoughts/analogies. Good job!!! I enjoyed this today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I wish I was able to visit your area Annie and enjoy the beauty you see every day. Just to sit and have a cup of coffee with you would make my day. Have a blessed one my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! I am so envious of what you have, smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful collection of skies. I like the descriptions... "boiling pink" and "breaking like an egg into full sunset". Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pink sky is a 'WoW' picture for sure....gorgeous! And, so were the sunsets.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.