Saturday, June 29, 2019

Ohh La La! A Smurfy Post


Saturday 9: Ooh La La (2013)
We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here  is today's meme! 

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) "Ooh la la" is defined as an interjection said when you think someone or something is "surprising, unusual or attractive." Looking back over this week, did you come across anything that deserves an "ooh la la?"
The weather! It has been very nice all week.  It's been warm but not too humid. We had some rain but it's just made plants happy and green!

2) In this song, Britney Spears sings that she's eager to accompany you, even if you're not a millionaire. But let's say you suddenly become really rich. What's the first leisure trip you would take with your new funds? Who would you bring along?
I'd bring my family and I think we would visit a few American places of interest like Monticello, Mount  Vernon, Sleepy Hollow for Halloween,Plimouth Massachusetts, for Thanksgiving etc. We could also go to Tombstone, Arizona.  I would also take the kids on a tour of Philadelphia. We live so close and I have seen all the historic places but they haven't and its about time.
There is Independance Hall, Betsey Ross house, etc.   Washington's winter headquarters, a beautiful mansion is in Morristown, NJ and nice to visit as well.  I would certainly take them to see Gettysburg and Valley Forge, places I have been but they have not.
Then we would head for a month in New Zealand and a nice stay at the beach in Tahiti.

3) Britney is eager to dance with you, even if you don't wear designer clothes. Let's say you need to add a blouse (or shirt) to your wardrobe. Where's your go-to for clothes shopping?

I will look in Marshall's and TJ Maxx first.

4) The video begins with Britney at the movies with her two young sons. Will you be seeing any family members this weekend?
Yes. I see them all the time :)

5) This is a theme from the movie Smurfs 2. A Smurf is a little blue creature who lives in a mushroom-shaped house in the forest. Assuming that your home is not shaped like a mushroom and isn't in the forest, how would you describe your abode? (Mansion, ranch house, farm house, high-rise, igloo ...)
A cottage sized wooden home in the ranch style : 1 floor, 3 bedrooms, 1 bath,  living room, kitchen, laundry room, dining area, good sized yard.

6) Britney admits to smoking and biting her nails. What bad habit do you wish you could break?
I get into reading or listening to lectures  too late at night..

7) In 2013, when this song was popular, Pope Benedict resigned. Thinking over your working life, have you been more nervous on your first day of a job, or the last one?

On the first day of a job, but never on the last day. 

8) Also in 2013, golfer Phil Mickelson won the British Open. When did you most recently golf?
I never golfed but I wish I could. I always though I would enjoy it. Now I can't play because I am  unable to twist.

9) Random question -- On what part of your body was the last itch you scratched?
My chest.
 Join in with Saturday 9!

9 comments:

  1. Haha: 9.

    I should said: my legs. Mosquito bump :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed all your answers Annie especially #2 I would love to take a trip like that. 👍 Have a great day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a carefully thought out itinerary! I hope you get to take that trip some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trip with family sounds great! I wish we could all do this stuff and I wish we were all filthy rich!
    I love your banner you made!!! Gorgeous! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHHHHHHHHHHHH I want to go on that trip with you, smiles. You can adopt me, I'll be the crazy eccentric aunt, LOLOLOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know how to take trip.. sounds awesome... I love your header.. you a re so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that trip you described. Sleepy Hollow and Plymouth are high on my list of want-to-see's. I love the history associated with them and I want to hunt up the final resting places of some ancestors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your trip is definitely ooh la la! Some of the things on your trip we have done, but I would love to visit all of the historical places you named. It's so beautiful on the East Coast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. I just went back to Blogger--please excuse the mess while I relearn everything, smiles. https://lindamconley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.