Friday, July 19, 2019

By the Water

A terrible electrical storm knocked out our power for most of yesterday and into the wee hours of this morning. And, it was searingly hot, no breeze and 100% humidity.
Thankfully my house retained the coolness it had from when the air conditioning had been on early in the day. It was hot, but not unbearable and showers helped keep me nice and cool.
Then at 1:30AM this morning Jersey Central Power and Light finally got the electric up and running once again. These guys were working on the lines during that awful lightning storm! These men are super brave. They go through a lot as linemen. Amazing men.
 It is so humid right now that it is foggy and hot outside. We are expecting 100F and more tomorrow. I hope no more lightning.  When it hit, the whole house shook as it was very close by.

I took there photos a couple of weeks ago and I am joining in with SkyWatch Friday.





All photos are taken by me with my Android phone.
I hope to join in with Saturday 9 tomorrow.
Until then stay safe and sound.

8 comments:

  1. Wie machtlos sind wir doch bei Naturgewalten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay cool. Your photos are lovely.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...hot and humid is on tap for here today/weekend. Actually got a Heat Indices Warning. Not looking forward to work this afternoon--I will probably have to go in early to turn on the ac--since someone thinks its funny to leave the heat on, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that's exceedingly hot, especially with the humidity. Scary when the power goes out and it's that hot. Stay cool, and keep those photos coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pictures. I am sorry about the stormy weather/no electricity, but it seems you have "weathered the storm" well. I know about those high temps and no elec. Happened to us last year during the hottest week...our ac broke down...makes you really appreciate having it!! Your sky watch photos are really great. Have a great weekend. Stay cool, calm, and collected!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Annie! Love the photos, beautiful!! So sorry about the storm and hot temps. It is very hot here as well. Keep safe and cool! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your photos. And, I'm so jealous--I mean, sorry--about your heat! It's drearily winter here in New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.