Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Diet? Tuesday 4

Hi Friends and welcome.
On Tuesday I participate in Toni's Tuesday 4 Meme. If you would like to join in, click her graphic below.

Diet! What Diet?
Black Forest Cake

1.   Favorite Cake:  I really do like Black Forest Cake. The best was at a place called Mozart Cafe  which served Austrian, Belgian and German baked goods.
Here is a black forest cake recipe.

2.   Favorite Cookie:  Snickerdoodles. If I could I would eat them by the handful!


3.   Favorite Pie:  Apple and Shoofly Pie as made by my grandmother. My mother's lemon meringue with the mile high meringue on top. 

Here is a recipe like my Grandmother Moyer made

4.   Favorite Candy:    Duh.. Snickers 




8 comments:

  1. That Black Forest Cake looks yummy! Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!! I love Black Forest Cake, smiles. My mom makes the best lemon meringue, to which I can not repeat/make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Black Forest cake looks delicious! Hope you're having a great Tuesday! Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My stepson's favorite cookie is also snickerdoodles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a large Amish population nearby and wherever there are Amish, there are Mennonites.

    Bought a shoofly pie at a Mennonite bakery. Mostly out of curiosity and because of the name. I don't know if this particular version was made with molasses or locally produced Amish sorghum. Or both.

    Very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh , my Friend , all this talk of food , and enticing photos makes me so hungry !!!
    My most favorite cake is the Wellesley Fudge Cake ( 1880's recipe !)...
    So rich and moist...the stuff of food cravings...try to make it each year for my birthday...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I LOVE snickerdoodles too! Loved your answers! Have a nice Tuesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Annie, Loved your answers. I can almost taste the Lemon Meringue pie, my very favorite! as the kids say. LOL. Have a blessed day my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.