Saturday, October 5, 2019

Dear Mr. Gable...

Saturday 9 time again since the week flies by quickly.

 

 (Dear Mr. Gable) You Made Me Love You (1938)


Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

1) This version of "You Made Me Love You" is the teen-aged Judy Garland's fan letter to Clark Gable. Tell us about one of your teen crushes.
Umm, I can't think of anyone at all except for a boyfriend I had.  I just don't have crushes I think.

2) Garland sang to this to Gable at a birthday party thrown for him at MGM. Who is the last person you sang "Happy Birthday" to?
My friend Katy from the Tea & Conversation   blog. The kids and I called her on the phone and sang to her. Years ago I made that blog for her as a birthday gift as well.
By the way, if you are on Blogger and can't get your background  to work, a header to fit,etc. I can help you and no I don't charge money for that.

3) Thinking of birthdays ... Judy received an engagement ring from the man who would be her first husband, David Rose, for her 18th birthday. Are you wearing a ring, or any jewelry, as you answer these 9 questions?
No , I am not wearing any jewelry at all at the moment.I used to always wear a ring.

4) It's said Judy's favorite dish was steak and kidney pie. If you could have anything at all for dinner tonight, what would you choose?
I'm also a fan of steak and kidney pie but really more of a fan of steak and mushroom pie! So I think I would love a steak and mushroom pie for dinner tonight! 

5) Judy was ambidextrous, writing with her left hand but playing tennis with her right. Are you equally comfortable using your right and left hands?
I can eat with either hand and eat in a European style a lot of the time.

6) To relax between takes of her most famous movie, The Wizard of Oz, Judy read comics in the newspaper. Do you still read a printed newspaper?
my last crochet project.
I don't. The last paper I used to buy was the Irish paper here in NJ but I got out of the habit.  Now, I read quite a few online news sources during the day, at least 5 or 6 everyday.

7) She could also knit. Judy was known to make blankets and caps for the children of crew members on her films. Do you knit?
I forgot how to knit really but I do crochet nicely. 

8) In 1938, when this record was popular, the March of Dimes founded. Do you have any dimes in your wallet (or pocket) right now?

Why.. yes I do and a lot of them too!


9) Random question: Catsup puddle next to your fries, or a drizzle of catsup on your fries?
Next to fries, not on them. I don't like my fries to be soggy. I like them very crisp.
Even better than ketchup is really, seriously crisp fries, with melted mozarella over them and then a hefty drizzling of  a good marinara sauce!  Pizza Fries!
Now if you want Disco Fries.. you serve them French Canadian Poutine style.. with gravy over them.  Oh.. be still my heart. This is good food my friends.
Speaking of good food I have a recipe blog  you can visit at Rock & Roll Cafe.

Tomorrow is Sunday Stealing.

5 comments:

  1. Your crochet project is beautiful Annie! I love it.
    I also do not like my fries to get soggy. It is funny though, my dad would put ketchup all over my fries when I was little, but I just do not like that now. Loved your answers! Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, now I must tey your idea on really crispy french fries with mozzaella and marinara.. yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love Poutine. It is a beautiful day here; 55* and sunny. I see though, its downhill come tomorrow, lol. Have a lovely day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too like my fries crispy and never use ketchup on anything except a hotdog. Love your crochet blanket. I can't crochet anymore and miss it. I too am ambidextrous and use both hands in just about everything. Enjoyed all your answers Annie. Have a blessed weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crisp fries are WONDERFUL !! Isn't it interesting that when eating , the textures are as important as the flavors ...such blessings and bounty !
    Your blanket is so pretty...another talent !
    Be well , my friend !
    P.S. - That "Happy Birthday" serenade was so precious to me , it's still on the answering machine and still brings me joy ! So blessed to be in your lives ! Thank you !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.