Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Haiku on Wednesday And Terri's Whimsical Wednesday

Wednesday Haiku, how I have missed it!


 Bells 
" How still it is!
The belfry's vibrant chime
does not so much as
stir the cherry-blooms"
haiku by Fuhaku
( photo: St.Catherine's church, spring lake NJ)





 
 
Joining with Terri.... Pretend the dress fits, that you have an occasion to wear it, 
and that the shoes won't hurt your knees!!  LOL

From The Story Book of Dreams and Beauty...

Let's explore... which pair of shoes would you wear with the dress?
And what are your thoughts on the dress?

(Men, if you want to play, which would you like to see your lady wear?)

My version


My 2nd version

#1  Badgley Mischka

#2  Sam Edelman 

#3Manolo Blahnik
The dress is a bit over done for my taste.  I would remove the collar decoration and all the frou-frou on the bottom. The applique on the  shoulders and bodice is enough. I like how it drips down into the skirt, but the neck and the bottom are too much, too busy.
As for shoes, I would choose pair number 1. I think they are the most beautiful.
What would you choose?

2 comments:

  1. I like your version of the dress also. And I also prefer shoes #1. We have very similar taste. Sadly, I would never look that good in that dress now at my great age. Maybe 50 years ago I could have done it better justice. However, I could never wear such high heels. My feet must be comfortable, and I am tall enough to wear low heels. Oh to be 19 again and so lovely...but then again, I'm pretty happy to be sitting here in my flannels and slippers and feeling quite comfy tonight. It's chilly and blustery here in Florida today...and that dress would not be very warm...just saying... but it was fun to dream...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love those shoes, really all of them, but I would also choose #1. So pretty! Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.