Sunday, January 19, 2020

Sunday Stealing

Since I just did the high school questions not long ago, I went off the path and found another one from Sunday Stealing.
"Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!"


The Racquet Questions

Black Eyed Susan
01  What is the worst nickname that anyone has ever called you?  Lemmings. It was nasty I thought, though not sure of the person's reasoning.  Lemmings are cute though.

02  Have you got a favorite flower?  I like Black Eyed Susans a lot. but I don't have a favorite really.
When I was little, there was a field of these growing behind our house just along the stream. I picked watercress in that stream but I never picked the Black Eyed Susans because I didn't want to disturb them.

03  Do you add a sauce, ketchup or other artificial flavorings to your food?
Well, sauces and ketchup are not artificial, so no, I don't add artificial flavoring to foods, but I do use ketchup or gravy or sauce on certain foods.

04  Describe yourself using only words that begin with the letter 'T'.   
Tenacious, trendy, intolerant (of idiots). Yes, intolerant of those who are willfully ignorant, stupid or rude.

05  What is/was your lover's pet name for you?          Honey and Calamity Joan (rather than Jane which, he explained, was already taken). 

06  What is your least favorite color?
puce green, which is a sickly golden-greenish color.
Puce

07  Who did you vote for in the last election, and did they win?
Well, I am not going to talk about voting as that is private.

08  What is/was your grandfathers’ names? 
John and James

09  What is the best present you ever received?   
It's hard to compare presents. My daughter did take me to the city (New York) for a weekend to see La Boheme at the Met, then Phantom of the Opera. We went to the museum, had dinner at Delmonico's and The Grande Tier at the Met.  Our room at the Plaza Hotel was upgraded by a lovely desk clerk. She had wanted a room overlooking Central Park but there were none, so we got a suite of rooms that normally costs  thousands of dollars a night, but we got it for our upgrade.    That was a wonderful birthday experience.   The suite was beyond lovely.  Marble bathroom, every amenity you can think of.. living room, dining area all furnished with gorgeous furniture.   
The Plaza isn't a 5 star hotel for nothing.  Yes, I am totally spoiled.

10  What is 17 1/2% of 97 + 42 x (6 / 2) – 137 ?    15.05

11  What would be the best possible way you could live? (I changed the questions.. I strongly believe in Kobiyashi Maru solutions)
 The best possible way to live is with God guiding you.
12  Given the choice of absolutely anything, what would be your dream job?   
Forsensic Anthropologist or detective like Miss Marple, of course.

13  What position do you sleep in at night?   Side or back

14  What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
  I get embarassed when people I am with talk about other people.  I hate it very much.

15  Who is your favorite fictional character?   
Miss Jane Marple
Jane Marple of St. Mary Mead


16  What food do you hate most in the world?
Well I don't hate much in the way of food but, there are things I don't eat like shellfish, etc.


17  When was the last time you were ill?
 A couple of weeks ago with a cold.

18  If you were transformed into a wild creature, what would it be?
 A wolf

19  What was your favorite toy as a child, and whatever happened to it?
My Teddy.  I still have him. He has always been with me.

20  What's the most amazing thing you've ever seen?

There are a lot of things but the USA.  It is the most amazingly beautiful place on earth. So diverse.

Miss Marple's Cottage in St Mary Mead

Monday's post will be on cleaning out the clutter.
Tuesday will be the Tuesday 4 Meme and maybe something else  too.
 Wednesday will be Literary Pearls
Thursday is  anyone's guess.
Friday is Photos and Skywatch.




8 comments:

  1. My nickname by my husband and son is Honey...only because my son thought that was my name (instead of Mom) when he was 2 years old and it stuck, no matter how many times it was corrected.

    Have a great day, friend. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. My son finally came home from kindergarten and said, HOney, can I call you Mom like the other kids?". I missed being called Honey.

      Delete
  2. Lemmings is such a weird nickname. I wouldn't like it either.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. There’s a nasty connotation to “lemmings”, meaning you follow the crowd and don’t think for yourself, that certainly doesn’t describe you.

    I’m glad your birthday trip was great.

    Anyone who uses the phrase “Kobiyashi Maru” ....live long and prosper, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That puce color IS ugly. I would look terrible in it. Loved your answers! Have a great day!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting questions. Would you mind if I stole them for another Sunday Stealing some weeks from now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. These came from Bud on your site which is where I found them :) They are great aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you answer these things so honestly. Great answers and always interesting to learn more about you. You have led a very interesting life!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.