Tuesday, March 31, 2020

About Home



Welcome to Tuesday 4, inspired and kept up in memory of Toni Taddeo.

This week, let's talk about home.


1. Do you like the way your home is decorated or would you tweak things a bit if budget allowed?
I like some things and not others. Its a mix up of Victorian and traditional things I've bought or inherited. I would like a more cohesive look.

2.. Do you have any plans/dreams to change anything about your home ?

I would love to have a big house. Tiny homes are for the birds, literally. There is no storage, no place to move around, not enough room for the company I love to have over. Nope, not a fan of small homes or the new trend of downsizing.  And believe me, if you ever become disabled you will be sorry you downsized. You really will.  I

3. What style of furniture do you have or want  to have in your home and why?
I like the traditional look. It lasts through the years and is always in style.

4. Tell us about your ideal dream house or dream kitchen if you prefer.
My dream house is big and I would enjoy living in a larger scale Victorian like the one in which I grew up.

 

10 comments:

  1. I like the sea gulls flying across your blog page. I like Victorian style too, though my house is not Victorian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping over. Moving to a small house is going to be so difficult for me. I treasure the things I own but they also hold me hostage. If we had a choice we would never leave but I can't take care of the house anymore and it's out of our retire budget. If only you lived in Southern California and we could trade houses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to have an Victorian or old house Inn. Be a innkeeper, I always thought that would be cool (still do). One can dream, right? Have a great day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can picture you in a lovely vintage Victorian with your leather bound books and beautiful music wafting from room to room! I am really almost enious of the polished dark maghony panelling on the walls.. Have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked your answer about small homes. You need room
      to get around and space for gatherings.
      Have a great day.

      Delete
  6. Victorian houses are nice too. You are blessed to be so close to the water.
    You are right, there is less storage in the smaller house so we use the garage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally understand about "smaller houses". We "downsized" from 2300 sq. feet to 1780 sq. feet...which still sounds big, but it has been challenging for me to figure out where to put all the things I wanted to keep. We tried to get rid of so much, and thought we did, but we still have way too much. Most of our things are inherited from family and therefore not something we can easily get rid of. Our kids don't want them, but I would not feel right giving them away...I would miss the history of them, knowing our loved ones before us actually sat at that table and ate their meals, or used those dresser drawers to hold their special things. So, I guess I will keep them until I am gone from this earth, and then let the kids decide what is valuable to them. We do not have a garage or attic or basement, so we don't have much storage space either. We had to purchase a new storage shed, which is so crowded with stuff and tools, etc., that it is difficult to find things. One project that is still coming up is to organize the shed. If we don't do it soon it will be too hot to work out there...but tell hubby that...it's his shed. LOL. (but my storage stuff! ) Have a blessed day my friend. We finally got some rain last night, so I am happy. The pond will be happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had my answers posted Monday night and totally forgot to make visits, so here I am today. I do wish our house was bigger, but not huge. I would love to have the storage space. We have two sheds. We have a very big yard. However, I do not enjoy having to go out to get things. I would love for things to be in the house again. We have just accumulated over the years and we did a big purge last year, but we still have so much stuff. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.