Sunday, March 8, 2020

Stealing.. yet again.

Sunny and in the 50's today and of course, the time sprung forward again.. Ugh. How I dislike daylight savings time. What a scam that is and it hurts people's health. No, not a fan. Leave time alone! But here we are nevertheless on another Sunday and ready to steal yet again.
"Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!"


Stolen from Cottage by the Sea (who stole it from  Bud.. who stole it from The Racquet )

The Racquet Questions

Black Eyed Susan
01  What is the worst nickname that anyone has ever called you?  Lemmings.  He did it to get on my nerves for attention in the 7th grade. But it annoyed me. He wasn't a bad person really.

02  Have you got a favorite flower?  I like Black Eyed Susans a lot. but I don't have a favorite really.
When I was little, there was a field of these growing behind our house just along the stream. I picked watercress in that stream but I never picked the Black Eyed Susans because I didn't want to disturb them.

03  Do you add a sauce, ketchup or other artificial flavorings to your food?
Well, sauces and ketchup are not artificial, so no, I don't add artificial flavoring to foods, but I do use ketchup or gravy or sauce on certain foods.

04  Describe yourself using only words that begin with the letter 'T'.   
Tenacious, trendy, intolerant (of idiots). Yes, intolerant of those who are willfully ignorant, stupid or rude.

05  What is/was your lover's pet name for you?          Honey and Calamity Joan (rather than Jane which, he explained, was already taken). 

06  What is your least favorite color?
puce green, which is a sickly golden-greenish color.
Puce

07  Who did you vote for in the last election, and did they win?
Well, I am not going to talk about voting as that is private.

08  What is/was your grandfathers’ names? 
John and James

09  What is the best present you ever received?   
It's hard to compare presents. My daughter did take me to the city (New York) for a weekend to see La Boheme at the Met, then Phantom of the Opera. We went to the museum, had dinner at Delmonico's and The Grande Tier at the Met.  Our room at the Plaza Hotel was upgraded by a lovely desk clerk. She had wanted a room overlooking Central Park but there were none, so we got a suite of rooms that normally costs  thousands of dollars a night, but we got it for our upgrade.    That was a wonderful birthday experience.   The suite was beyond lovely.  Marble bathroom, every amenity you can think of.. living room, dining area all furnished with gorgeous furniture.   
The Plaza isn't a 5 star hotel for nothing.  Yes, I am totally spoiled.

10  What is 17 1/2% of 97 + 42 x (6 / 2) – 137 ?    it equals    15.05

11  What would be the best possible way you could live? (I changed the questions.. I strongly believe in Kobiyashi Maru solutions)
 The best possible way to live is with God guiding you.
12  Given the choice of absolutely anything, what would be your dream job?   
Forsensic Anthropologist or detective like Miss Marple, of course.

13  What position do you sleep in at night?   Side or back

14  What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
  I get embarassed when people I am with talk about other people.  I hate it very much.

15  Who is your favorite fictional character?   
Miss Jane Marple
Jane Marple of St. Mary Mead
16  What food do you hate most in the world?
Well I don't hate much in the way of food but, there are things I don't eat like shellfish, etc.


17  When was the last time you were ill?
 A couple of weeks ago with a cold.

18  If you were transformed into a wild creature, what would it be?
 A wolf

19  What was your favorite toy as a child, and whatever happened to it?
My Teddy.  I still have him. He has always been with me.

20  What's the most amazing thing you've ever seen?

There are a lot of things but the USA.  It is the most amazingly beautiful place on earth. So diverse.

Miss Marple's Cottage in St Mary Mead
 See you on Monday for more blogging nonsense.
Tuesday will be the Tuesday 4 Meme and maybe something else  too.
 Wednesday will be Literary Pearls
Thursday is  anyone's guess.
Friday is Photos and Skywatch.



10 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your post, smiles. CYA tomorrow for more "blogging nonsense" rofl. Have a great day, friend. (and I hate this time change)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny that you didn't want to answer #7 (which I understand) since this was your questionnaire originally! (And thanks for letting me steal it!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your answers, especially #7 as I feel the same on that one.
    Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep meaning to get more into Miss Marple, because I so adore Poirot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, we are the puce haters. I refer to it as "baby poop green." Ick. Who wants anything that color? I hate it when I am with people who talk about someone, too. It really puts you in an uncomfortable position.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a stuffed animal, a dog I called gawgie. I have no idea what happened to it.

    You have an absolute right to keep your vote private. Saves on lots of arguments, doesn’t it? (Says the woman who wears her political heart on her sleeve,)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your answers...I believe I remember this one from before. My favorite toy was a rubber Cocker Spaniel from The Lady and the Tramp. I begged my parents for that for my 5th birthday, I guess after seeing that movie. They got it for me, and I loved it like a real doggie. I had it for many years until the rubber cracked from age and heat in Florida house w/o AC back in the day. As far as nicknames, being a natural redhead I endured many, "Red", "Freckles", "Carrot Top", "I'd rather be dead than read of the head"...but I just told myself they were jealous and didn't let it bother me (much). LOL. Have a good night. It's good to be "back".

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with dislike of the time change ! As a nation , we are already sleep-deprived !
    To take away another hour , especially one of deep , restorative sleep is cruel and unnecessary . The spring time change is documented as causing more heart attacks , car accidents and missed work , including the week following the "spring ahead" nonsense . Phooey !
    Rant over .
    Have a splendid day , my friend !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you understand there's a 12 word sentence you can say to your man... that will induce intense emotions of love and instinctual attractiveness for you deep inside his heart?

    Because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's instinct to love, look after and care for you with all his heart...

    12 Words That Trigger A Man's Love Instinct

    This instinct is so built-in to a man's genetics that it will drive him to work harder than before to make your relationship as strong as it can be.

    As a matter of fact, triggering this influential instinct is absolutely essential to achieving the best possible relationship with your man that the moment you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

    ...You will immediately notice him open his mind and heart for you in a way he's never expressed before and he'll recognize you as the only woman in the universe who has ever truly interested him.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.