Saturday, March 7, 2020

Bye Bye Blackbird

Funny thing is, I was singing this song the other day before the Sat.9 questions were up. It's a song I often sing.
Friday, as I write this, the day has been dark and rainy. all day long but it was a nice day for me all around.


 Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: Bye, Bye Blackbird (1957)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Julie London complains about all the "hard luck stories" people are handing her. Did you more recently listen to someone else's problems, or share your own?
I listened to another person's problems, several people actually.

2) She promises to arrive "late tonight." What time do you think is too late to drop in on someone?
It would depend on the reason. If they need help it is never too late.
If its for a visit.. it should be before 8 PM.

3) Julie's nickname was "The Liberty Girl" because she was Liberty Records' first successful artist. The second was singer-songwriter David Seville, who had a couple novelty hits as "The Chipmunks." There were three singing chipmunks. Without looking it up, can you name them?
Of course I can name them! Alvin, Theodore and Simon!
4) Julie's love of music was shared by her mother.When Julie was a little girl, mother and daughter would listen to Billie Holiday records together. What recordings did you enjoy when you were very young?
Very young being the key here, this is a quote from my mother in my baby book:
"Age One: sings Rock a Bye Baby on the Pee Pop. Sings most of the day..."(I still do)
"Age Three: She plays records all day long,especially The Tennessee Waltz, the Thing, Jingle Bells and knows words to all the music."
 
Another interesting thing my mother wrote, was that I was on the beach playing in the sand at age 7 months.  It started early!!
 
5) She began modeling when she 17. Julie was working as an elevator operator when a talent agent saw her and decided she would photograph well. With the advent of push-button elevators, elevator operator is a job that doesn't exist anymore. Can you think of another job that was once common but now is rare (or non-existent)?
 
Stenographer (short hand), Filing Clerk

6) Julie recorded more than 30 albums and was named "most popular female vocalist" by Billboard magazine in 1956. If you could see any entertainer -- male or female -- in concert, who would you choose?
 
I am not much of a concert goer so, I have no choice here.

7) She appeared in Westerns on both TV and in the movies. Have you ever dreamed of being a cowboy/cowgirl?
Yes indeed. I loved the idea as a kid.  I ended up barrel racing. and learned to do head and heel roping.

8) For six seasons, Julie played Dixie McCall R.N. on the show Emergency! The series was about Los Angeles paramedics and firefighters. Do you often hear sirens in your neighborhood?
No, things are quite here.
9) Random question: You're pulled over for speeding. Do you think you'd have an easier time talking your way out of it if the officer was a man ... or a woman?
I think it would depend on the person rather than the sex of the person and the mood they are in that day.
 
Tomorrow is Sunday Stealing and also the Tuesday 4 questions will be up  Sunday night so you can get a head start on them.


14 comments:

  1. How nice that you sing to yourself! Love that you enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answers, and that you enjoy singing so much. I do too. Have always had a song in my heart and often on my lips all day long. I always wanted to have my own horse and dreamed about it, but never had the opportunity. I am surprised to learn of your horseback riding experiences! That is quite amazing! You are a very multi talented lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love thinking of little you singing away and digging in the sand. It's so awesome that you had your passions so early in life. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I failed shorthand in hs and probably would again, LOL. I enjoyed your answers, Annie. Have a great day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your responses.. especially the one about your cowgrir accomplishments.. Wow... You are one very cool young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello , my friend !
    Enjoyed this post (actually I enjoy them ALL !)and your answers !
    As to learning new things about each other , I recently attended a morning meeting , which began in an interesting way . Small pieces of paper and a pen were handed to each of us . We were to write something about ourselves that no one there knew . The papers were each folded and put into a pile and read randomly . We were to guess who the anonymous deeds belonged to ... the results were most surprising ! We are each composed of many layers...hidden from general sight until caring , inquiring minds seek us out .

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so cool you have your baby book containing mother's comments. (Me, too -- sure fire trip to Nostalgia!) I practiced shorthand for more years than I'd like to admit. Every now and then I still use it, like making blog notes on my bulletin while in church. (Shhhh!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not much of a concert goer either. Not anymore anyway. Love your sigtag! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love you header! I won't go to a concert by myself, but I will go in a group. Not sure about going now with the Covid19 virus growing. I am suppose to go see Lysa Terkeurst speak next month but will have to wait and see. That is neat how your mom wrote those memories about you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always want to go to the beach when I visit here. Thanks for the vibe.
    I don't like people just dropping by either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you know there is a 12 word phrase you can tell your man... that will induce intense emotions of love and impulsive appeal for you deep inside his chest?

    Because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's impulse to love, cherish and look after you with his entire heart...

    12 Words Will Trigger A Man's Love Response

    This impulse is so hardwired into a man's genetics that it will make him work better than ever before to do his best at looking after your relationship.

    Matter-of-fact, triggering this all-powerful impulse is absolutely essential to having the best ever relationship with your man that the instance you send your man one of the "Secret Signals"...

    ...You will soon find him expose his heart and mind to you in a way he's never expressed before and he will perceive you as the one and only woman in the world who has ever truly tempted him.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.