Thursday, April 9, 2020

Arthur's Prayer


Oh, merciful God, I have such need of Your mercy now. Not for myself, but for my knights, for this is truly their hour of need. Deliver them from their trials ahead and I will pay You a thousandfold with any sacrifice You ask of me. And if in Your wisdom, You should determine that sacrifice must be my life for theirs, so that they can once again taste the freedom that has so long been denied to them, I will gladly make that covenant. My death will have a purpose. I ask no more than that.
  ― Artorius Rex (King Arthur)

 

5 comments:

  1. May our lives have a purpose and may we not get in the way of its completion .
    Many thanks for your diligence to provide us with mind-expanding material !
    Be safe and well , my friend !

    ReplyDelete
  2. True love for the brethern. I've been thinking of you and wanted to make sure to stop by to wish you a Happy Resurrection Sunday albeit a bit late. Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog is so peaceful! I just love visiting with you! Stay safe my friend!

      Delete
  3. That is a beautiful prayer and painting. Long ago my husband and I visited Tintagel, a site associated with King Arthur, and rich in history.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.